Monday, September 26, 2022

Koselig - the Blocks


Over the weekend I did get the rest of the 12.5" blocks for Koselig squared and onto the design wall.


The next step will be to sew them all together.


The scrappy pieced backing was assembled several weeks ago and rolled onto a pool noodle ready for pin basting.

And, once quilted and finished, Koselig will be in the 60" x 72" range.

* * *

One step at a time!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Above all else, it is about leaving a mark that I existed: I was here. I was hungry. I was defeated. I was happy. I was sad. I was in love. I was afraid. I was hopeful. I had an idea and I had a good purpose and that's why I made works of art.”
Felix Gonzalez-Torres

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Really cute scrappy piece!! Lots of movement from that bird print...
nice work hugs, julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you managed some studio time, Julie!

jmsx3 said...

Happy to find you again, now that Bloglovin seems to be working. Your posts inspire me in many ways -- the strip quilt 2nd from right on your header especially, as I have a similar quilt underway (which will never be finished!). I'm a "pretend" quilter as I don't want to do triangles, so you can imagine how many of your creations provide ideas, so thank you. I have a gifted pre-cut packs of Kaffe fabric waiting for ideas, and Koselig is perfect!

Nann said...

You have the best names for quilts! And thanks for showing how a bold print (the macaws) can be a centering-point.

Barbara Anne said...

Love it! Your speed at sewing is enviable and your abundant stellar ideas are wonderful.

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Looking so good and I like the size you're aiming for. The Tula Pink parrot/macaw fabric is perfect , really shows off the other coloured strips.

Ann said...

It's interesting to see a scrap quilt with a common strong print background. I like the offset of the strings that make a change from alternate blocks. This will be fun for someone to use. Congrats.