As I was stitching the binding in place on Big Brother's quilt Saturday morning, a text chimed in from my sister.
Mommy's water had broken (four weeks early) so the parents were on their way to the hospital . . . and Miss Penelope was born early Sunday morning.
Dot to Dot, the quilt for her big brother, measures 48" x 64"
Quilted with Glide thread in Nickel using rows of my liberated Baptist Fans.
I love these colorful iguanas on the cheddar backing.
The black and white binding is Michael Miller Clown Stripe, one of my favorites for multi-color rainbow quilts.
I hope Big Brother loves this scrappy polka dot quilt as much as I do!
* * *
Later today I will be shipping all three freshly-laundered quilts (Dot to Dot, Penelope Rose, and Winsome) to their new forever homes in Michigan.
* * *
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"Everything starts from a dot."
Wassily Kandinsky





9 comments:
The black/white centers make the scrappy colors soar! "Iguana on Cheddar"--LOL.
That quilt should certainly make the big brother happy. Dots are so timeless and I think everyone loves them.
I chuckled when I looked closely and spied the Blah, blah, blah fabric. I have some of that, too. I like the look of the b&w centers for the rainbow blocks. Somehow it livens up the whole thing.
Pat
Welcome to the world, Little Miss Penelope!
Love the two happy, colorful quilts you've made for big brother and little sister!
Hugs!
I love this quilt!!
Kudos to you for getting that one done early and just in time! He's going to love it.
Hope all is well with Penelope and family. Big brother’s quilt is wonderful and the quilts adds so much texture!!!
Hoping Mommy and Baby are doing well, Julie! I feel certain that colorful quilt will be well received by the Big Brother. Spots, dots, and bright colors... What's NOT to LOVE?!?! :o))
Dot to Dot is amazing!!!
I kinda like that block idea for the RSC project.... hmmmmm... inpsirations!!
Post a Comment