Little Man loves nothing more when he visits than to pull out paper, tape, staples, and crayons to make amazing "things" so, instead of the too-young toys that were on this shelf, I borrowed a great idea from his mom to use these drawer units and set him up with his own Maker's Station.
I still need to get some construction paper for that top drawer and the "Cool Stuff" drawer includes sequins, brads, googly eyes, and three different sizes of hole punched dots (1", 1.5", and 2").
The unit on the lower shelf contains lots of stickers (thank you, Dollar Store) along with blank shipping tags, blank bookmarks (thank you, Uncle Alan), and a few of the blank cards from my stash that he can use to make thank you notes or birthday cards.
I've had these stackable boxes for years but now they have found their perfect use.
There are a few maker-related books on the top shelf along with his beloved pipe cleaners.
His dogs Kong toys live on the bottom shelf where she has easy access (the blue and pink lion is her all time favorite and has been since she was a puppy).
Little Man hasn't seen this yet so it will be fun to watch his reaction when he visits over the weekend.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The artist's whole business is to make something out of nothing."
Paul Valery




6 comments:
What a great idea. Little Man is going to be over the moon!
That's a very cool idea. I would have loved a setup like this when I was Little Man's age. Truthfully, I'd like something like this even now. I saved the photo to keep in mind when GD reaches the age of colors and stickers.
Wizard idea and most excellent use of those drawers. Little Man will be over the moon delighted! Gotta love the label maker, too. :)
Hugs!
This is such a fantastic idea! Will have to think about how to do something similar for our granddaughters.:)
Little Man is going to LOVE it, Julie!!!
A fantastic idea for your grandson, I'm sure he will be thrilled when he sees his very own Makers Station, one very lucky little boy.
Post a Comment