Friday, July 1, 2022

Kefi Moves Ahead


I played around with my scraps and made enough slabs to cut nine red triangles (the others leaned too far towards red-orange for this ROYGBIV layout).

Then I did the same with my red-oranges and mixed them in with some of the ones I made last month at Lynne's house.

I also dug about in the triangles that came home from NH and filled in some of the other rows.

I have scraps pulled to make slabs for the final three rows (blue-violet, red-violet, and pink).


I added side triangles to my reds . . . 


I also added side triangles to the red-oranges . . . 

(note: side triangles are a mix of prints from Lynne's scrap stash and mine)


After straining a muscle in my side trying to reach the top row in that first photo, I re-did the layout on my design wall so that the quilt top is on its side.  

So . . . much . . . easier . . . 


The side triangles have been chosen for the nine yellow-orange triangles.  

I'm not sure but I think it takes longer to choose the sides than it does to sew the blocks together, press, and square. 


* * *

P.S. There's a permanent link in the sidebar to Lynne's Etsy shop where you can find all of her tutorials, including the scrap slab triangles like the ones I'm making. 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“When you tell your own fairy tale, you create your own magic.
Terry Guillemets

8 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is looking good!

Julierose said...

Lovely diamonds and triangles--hope your side is feeling better--good idea to turn your design wall sideways...makes a lot more sense!!
I hope your 4th of July weekend is a happy one hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

Your side triangles have more color in them than I often use, but I bet they are going to look great.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun, fun, Julie!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Coming along beautifully!!

Cathy said...

I like where this one is going!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It is moving ahead well
Sorry about the muscle .... you just need to get taller hahahaha!

Millie said...

I agree that it's often more complicated to choose the side triangles. Your quilts are looking good!