Monday, June 20, 2022

Random Moments Worth Sharing


These photo moments are in no particular order . . . 

This was the back seat of Lynne's car after we visited her favorite florist.  Gotta love the casual mix of colors.


These are my flowers (in Lynne's blue vase) on the desk of my hotel room.  

Definitely made my space feel a bit less hotel-ish.



I took this photo to memorialize "wicked" - a word that is frequently used in New England (but rarely in the South) to describe something that is excellent.

The bright colors of the storefront caught my attention, too.



This is a photo of the barn at the Moffatt-Ladd house.  

I love the building's symmetry, shapes, and details.



I can now add Maine to the list of states I've visited.  All it took was crossing the bridge from Portsmouth NH to Maine where we visited the Stonewall Kitchens Company store (my purchases are in the boxes that will be here Tuesday).



The dogwood tree outside my hotel was in full bloom - glorious to behold.



I went for the "immersive experience" when we visited the sea coast.  Those blue water shoes on the sand are now in a landfill somewhere - they literally tried to float under my feet when I stepped into the waves which caused me to lose my balance and fall into the water.  Oops.    



Philip was a big help whenever I sat down to sew . . . 



Lynne pulled over so I could take this photo because I kept seeing Moose Crossing signs but hadn't gotten a picture of one.   

There are no signs like this where I live.



Lynne took this photo of me at the top of Mt. Washington.  

I am SO glad we included the mountain experience on our itinerary! 

Be back on Wednesday with a finished quilt reveal.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Magic exists.  Who can doubt it when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars?  Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic.  It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.”
Nora Roberts


13 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

I enjoyed your pics. I am sure that you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you took that plunge!

Pam Dempsey said...

Looks like a great trip 🥰, now she needs to come and stay with you!

Julierose said...

What a wonderful trip you had; I am also happy to hear you weren't hurt from your watery dip (other than very cold water there, I'll bet!!)
Hope your week is a good one...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for those glimpses of your visit with Lynne! I really enjoyed traveling along with you through her series of posts, too. Can't wait to see the completed quilt you will be revealing on Wednesday, Julie!

Sharon Leahy said...

Thank you so much for this wicked good post! The colors, the fun, the magic!

Judy in Michigan said...

When did you stay in a hotel? I missed that part, I guess. Lynne is certainly the best hostess with all her plans for you. What a trip you had!!

LA Paylor said...

wish I knew you were going to stonewall,.. lol
we order from them about 5 times a year and stock up on the goodness
I miss the east coast... wah! we're even considering a move to Maine to stay cool... the country is heating up beyond my comfort level

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun photos.
those shoes don't sound like they liked you very much! how mean to dump you in the water!!!

Cindy said...

I agree with the last post - I sure have enjoyed your visit with Lynne! Thanks for sharing all these beautiful places with us! Can't wait to see what ya'll created as well!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It looks like you had a wicked good week! ;) I'd say your entire time together was a mountain-top experience!

Mystic Quilter said...

Thank you for showing us photos of your trip to visit Lynne - looks like you had a great time, until you hit the water! Hope you were able to dry off quickly and change into dry clothes. The word "wicked" is also used here in New Zealand to describe exactly the same as in New England. Looking forward to the quilt reveal!

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

What a beautiful trip! Nothing beats the ocean, sounds, breezes and for you a cool dip!! I'm sure there were lots of laughs and fun on this trip.

Chookyblue...... said...

too funny I read Lynne blog and yours and only now put it together who you are to Lynne..............woops....you girls had a great time together.......