Straight line stitching seems to be my thing at the moment so I pulled out the sorted groups of strips for Raconteur, my low volume scrappy trips project.
At this point 2 test blocks are pieced and pressed (foreground) and, after some power sewing, the other 18 strip sets are now stitched together.
I need to motivate myself to turn on the iron and press these so they can be sewn into tubes/sub-cut. That way they'll be ready to pick up and work on one block at a time.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“I think reading is one of the greatest forms of magic available to us on the planet.”
Jim James

8 comments:
I look forward to seeing this one on your design wall.
Loving the look of your low volume quilt.
Oh that is so funny--I've just finished cutting strips from jelly rolls for my TAW;))) I like your low volume idea--mine are just going to be really scrappy as i mixed up 3 rolls...hugs, Julierose
Beautiful pile of wonderfulness!
Straight line quilting can be very soothing! Just like the colors here, very calming.
Love the low volumes! I always admire your bright and colorful palettes, but this is a nice palate cleanser project. Can't wait to see more of it!
That sounds like me, motivate myself to turn on the iron. I carries all of my strip sets to the ironing table and then walked away from it.
I've often thought it would be nice to be able to iron while sitting in a recliner. As long as you didn't fall asleep with the iron on. Lol Beautiful color pallet and a nice change of pace.
Post a Comment