Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Living Up to its Name




I shared this fabric pull in a recent post (click here).  




I plan to make another scrappy economy block quilt with those fabrics along the lines of my 2018 Scrapbook Quilt (label in sidebar and label at the end of the post if you want to read more about it).  

At this point I'm planning to use my smaller KF crumbs to make scrappy center squares for a new quilt.




Then Lynne posted this very wing-y bird along with the wing's yardage source . . .  and you can probably guess what happened next.




DING DING DING - you were right.  

I ordered enough of the fabulous flamingos to back my new project.




It took only a couple of minor edits to adjust the fabric pull for the backing change.  




The colors are just SO right with this backing.




When this project makes it to the front of the line, it is going to be such a happy quilt to work on!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”
Tom Robbins

13 comments:

Unknown said...

This will be ONE BEAUTIFUL QUILT with the perfect backing!!!

Barbara Anne said...

What a glorious quilt this will be (like many of your wonderful quilts) and I LOVE the new-to-me word "coddiwomple".

I've also just made the happy discovery that I can comment here. Thank you!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

All the colors are so perfect and clear that they make my knees weak! Fantastic backing and fabric.

Julierose said...

Just a beautiful flamingo fabric...great fabric pull for this one...have fun
finding out your destination;))) hugs, Julierose

audrey said...

Oh yes, this looks brilliant together!:)

Darlene said...

These fabrics are stunning and will make a beautiful quilt! I get a chuckle out of your names for quilts. Where do you come up with these words?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Gorgeous fabric pulls!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations of find just the right fabric for the back of that upcoming quilt, Julie!!

Solar Flair said...

I love how beautifully Kaffe and Tula play together! I keep my "collections" of both on adjacent shelves and I'm always seeing something I want to mix together and make with them.

Buffy said...

I love all the beautiful ideas included in this post, Julie, including the quilts included in the labels section of this particular post. Clearly I have lots more to discover in your comprehensive list of labels compiled over the years on the right of your blog page! Thank you!

QuiltGranma said...

Coddiwomple seems to be my path in life.

Cathy said...

Oh, yummy fabrics! I rarely ever pull all the fabrics I will use in a project before I begin.

And I actually have a quilt named Coddiwomple - a flimsy finished back in 2019. Maybe I should find a backing and get it quilted!

https://saneandcrazy.blogspot.com/2019/09/its-flimsy-coddiwomple.html

Mystic Quilter said...

Glorious fabric selection and Flamingo backing - I love the name Coddiwomple, you do choose the most wonderful and unusual names for your quilts.