This is what sixty-four strip sets with five 3" HSTs in each look like on the design wall. (If you missed Gone Dotty's introductory post, click HERE)
I plan to add a 3" border all around using the Brandon Mably Jumble (far right). The spotted stripe (center) will be used to make binding and the Tula Pink Lemur Me Alone fabric (far left) will be used for backing. I'll need to piece the back with a horizontal seam since the pattern runs the length of the fabric and the lemurs look silly standing on their heads or tails.
I like the way the graphic black and white border and the other two black-whites with pops of color help tie the whole project together.
I know I said earlier that what I have on the design wall would not be the final layout based on the inspiration quilt's arrangement. But the longer I look at the HSTs laid out this way the more tempted I am to simply tweak their placement within each of the eight groups.
Little Man will be here this weekend so I'm not sure how much studio time I'll have since the weather is supposed to be reasonably nice and he loves to play outside.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Creativity is magic. Don’t examine it too closely.”
Edward Alber




13 comments:
It's so hard not to tweak away, isn't it? I like how your Dotty is looking now, but I know how that goes--amazing what walking away and coming back to look at it (a ga-zillion times!!) makes you see, doesn't it?
That was a really fast put together you've done--just lovely border plans too...really graphic..and happy looking hugs, Julierose
Lemur Me Alone is absolutely perfect for Gone Dotty! With no lemur standing on their heads or tails, of course;-) This one is a super fun quilt…..with a dash of Little Man influence perhaps? Have an awesome weekend on whatever adventures you get up to with Little Man.
I love how these fabrics all work together in this beautiful design, Julie, and as you said, how the border and binding make the rest of the quilt extra vibrant. What a fantastic collection of dots!
Julie, I soooo love the way this one is coming together. Love the way the HSTs, border, binding and backing complement each other. I think this is going to be fantabulous!! B
wow! that was fast. LOVE IT!!!
Wow! All I can say is Wow! I love it! Looks like Little Man may have influenced this and that’s great! The border, binding ang backing are perfect! Hoping you’ll share Little Man’s reactions.
Loving this one.
Loving this one.
Love it! I'm looking forward to seeing your final layout. Your border, back and binding fabrics are absolutely perfect for it.
I think the arrangement has so much vibrant energy but tempered by the white and black dots. Wonderful job, lots of thread!
Awesome! This is wonderful inspiration - just envisioning all kinds of quilts filled with dotty fabric is making me smile!
Looking great! Love all these dots & spots! I'd be tempted too, just to shift a few things around, maybe run a colour down into the 2nd half?
Oh that one is so cool!
Love all your fabric choices!! the Lemurs!!! LOVE!!!
Post a Comment