While cleaning up the studio,
I realized Smitten only needed its borders sewn on.
(it was abruptly pulled off the design wall
to make room for Little Man's project)
So I stopped cleaning and finished Smitten.
54" wide x 70" long
(I'll square the corners after quilting)
You can read about Smitten's inspiration here.
You can read the other updates by using the
Smitten label at the bottom of this post.
(adj. - "marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness")
There are 360 single fabric 2.5" squares
and 360 2.5" four patches (or 1,440 1" squares)
in the finished quilt top.
(Hint: if any of you are inspired to make your own version,
do yourself a big favor and make your four patches
oversize so you can square them to 2.5")
* * *
Smitten's scrappy backing is ready and waiting
so I'll likely get this pin basted and quilted
in the next couple of weeks.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Think of the magic of that foot, comparatively small, upon which your whole weight rests. It’s a miracle, and the dance is a celebration of that miracle.”
Martha Graham
13 comments:
Gorgeous quilt. I think there is a story behind the make the 4 patches bigger to trim down. Love the border color.
This one is definitely a celebration of the smallest pieces of fabric.
Love it!, the border couldn’t be bettered to contain all the delightful scrappiness.
Just a lovely finish on this one!! what a labor of love!! Love that blue roses fabric--so pretty..nice work Hugs from snowy CT Julierose
Thank you for the inspiration!
So bright and happy. I love it!
It turned out so pretty! It just needed that little time out to get ready to shine. Happy finish!
A lovely scrappy quilt... very vibrant!
Super scrappy awesomeness, Julie!!
Smitten is wonderful. And well-named!
What a sparkly quilt! Isn't it funny how carefully-cut squares and carefully-sewn seams can still yield under-sized blocks?
That is an excellent hint, make it bigger so you can cut down and make it right. Too often I do not make it right.
Lovely!
Post a Comment