Friday, January 7, 2022

Woolgathering - the Quilt



This is Woolgathering - my first "finish" of 2022.

You can read about its backstory HERE.

(and if you look at the round table
to the left of the rocking chair,
you can see the offcuts turned into
one of January's utility mats)




No outdoor beauty shots for now.
(sleet, wind, below-freezing temps)

Besides, the quilt is already hard at work.



My low back sciatica has reared its head again
so Tylenol, a heating pad, and the recliner have been
my constant companions for the last couple of days -
with Woolgathering keeping me warm.

* * *

Quilted with elongated orange peels
using Glide thread in Warm Grey 4.

Backing - Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements
Memoranda PWTH 091 Tickets

50" x 60"

* * *

As soon as things settle down again
the Seuss quilt is waiting for its turn
to spend some quality time with Max.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Never, ever stop believing in magic, no matter how old you get. Because if you keep looking long enough and don’t give up, sooner or later you’re going to find Mary Poppins.”
Steve Kluger

12 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Julie, so sorry you’re in pain again. Love that your newest finish is keeping you warm…..I love the backing fabric :). We have about an inch of fine snow on top of a bit of ice…..definitely a stay at home day….we’ll that and it’s a work day, lol.

Annie said...

Woolgathering looks wonderful! I love the name and it fits so well. The Tim Holtz backing fabric steals the show for me. It makes into a great looking whole cloth quilt. I think you’ve got two quilts in one here. Or a reversible quilt. I love the idea of flipping it over each day to enjoy both sides of it.

Mari said...

Looks very cozy, Julie! Neutrals can be very calming. Four fresh inches here, so a good day to stay inside, warm and dry. Have a good (warm) weekend!

Julierose said...

So sorry about Mr. Sciatica's return!! He's making the rounds lately it seems;000 Hope you feel better soon...hugs Julierose

Mary Ellen said...

The colors of Wool Gathering are very calming. I am sorry to hear about your sciatica. I had a bout with it in 2020. I literally could not walk, but crawled around the house on hands and knees. I eventually found a very good place for therapy at a sports medicine/medical massage/physical therapy center. Don't forget about exercises to stretch out the muscles that are spasming and causing pain.Here's to a quick recovery.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I’m so sorry to learn that you’re down with back pain. Take good care of you before you jump back into quilting- Dr.Seuss and Max will wait patiently until you’re ready. The quilt is wonderful!!

Cathy said...

Just my kind of quilt! It goes perfectly with a cup of hot choc and a book and a view of snow on the ground outside.

I love the different Eclectic Elements fabrics. I found one deeply discounted a few years ago and snatched it up for just the right quilt.

Vicki W said...

What a perfect name for a perfect winter cozy quilt!

audrey said...

Love the softer look to this one. So cozy looking!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I love this quilt SEW much, Julie!! You know that I'm all about a rainbow of color, but these soothing neutrals make me swoon.

Rebecca in AK said...

I love all your bright, colorful quilts, but I love this one too. It looks so calm and comforting and cozy. I hope you feel better soon!

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh dear, so sorry to hear about the sciatica - hope the pain soon eases up, I'm sure your warm quilt will help keep you cosy!