Little Man is staying with us for a few days
so I won't be posting as frequently
until after he goes home.
He noticed this image on my open tablet screen.
"MeeMah, that is a very pretty quilt."
"We can make one like that this weekend, right?"
(spoken in an excited voice)
* * *
Hmmm . . . I have been loosely following along with
Karen Brown's January Decluttering Challenge
and this week's topic has been Mount Scrapmore.
(it has been an interesting exercise -
my studio is in pretty good shape but
I've still found value in watching her videos
and considering some of her ideas)
Since I'll be taking a closer look at the scraps I've kept
(particularly in the crumb boxes)
I think I'll pull out any that fall into the palette above.
Over the weekend I'll turn Little Man loose
at the design wall and see what he comes up with.
It will be fun no matter how things develop.
(and he's right, it is pretty -)
no maker information available)
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Children naturally live in the moment, and they allow that moment to be what it is; magical and beautiful in every way.”
April Peerless
11 comments:
Enjoy creating with the little man......
Oh have fun with Little Man ^_^
I am watching her decluttering YT vids too. I have a lot of leftover (and, it must be said!full jelly rolls--) I plan to be strip sewing when I can get back to the machine work...I like her suggestions for them --
Hugs, Julierose
Is that quilt a watercolor painting? It is lovely. My granddaughter used to love to put squares and fabrics on my design wall and she did some quilts with me. She is going to be 10 now and is not interested at all in my fabric. I am glad we had those times together.
Oh how much fun that will be. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.
Yes - Little Man has a good eye for colour - I like it very muchly as well :)
What a fun idea to recreate the quilt in that painting, Little Man!! It is very pretty. Have fun, you two!
Oh my gosh - I bet he has such fun to create!!!
Enjoy!!
Have fun letting Little Man direct the design. That's a great quote today that we should all take a moment to consider.
Pat
Always fun to have an enthusiastic cheerleader/helper!:)
I really like that inspiration quilt. I hope you will let us see a picture of what your grandson creates.
that quilt sparkles!
Post a Comment