Monday, November 15, 2021

Mats for My Sister



My sister in Michigan asked for some new mug mats.

So I pulled out my resource boxes
and started making.

(you can read about my resource boxes
on my Studio Space page - click HERE)

These are the fronts of three.




These are the backs of those same three.

(she asked for bright colors)




This is the second group of three.

Like me, she is a hot tea drinker, so the upper left print was perfect.




These are the backs of the second group of three.

I tried to make these so she could use either side,
depending on location and mood.




I also pulled out the six leftover blocks from Shoshin
and turned them into a skinny runner for her.

8" x 48"




I used a long strip of leftover backing fabric
to make the back.

Quilted with Glide thread in Lavender
using undulating lines.

* * *

I'm glad she asked - I hope she likes them.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Pink is the navy blue of India.”
Diana Vreeland

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

If she doesn't like them, Julie, you can give her my address and she can mail them to me. I think they are delightful! I'm guessing she is going to LOVE them.

Nann said...

Such fun pops of color! I like the undulating quilting on the runner, too.

Julierose said...

What beautiful gifts you've made--my gift sewing has had to go on hold this year!! :(((
Anyway--I am hoping that perhaps I will be able to do more in the New Year--2021 has not been kind to me!! Tho' i must say, I was able to walk holding onto a grocery cart this morning--just the standing in line got to me--so that is some sort of progress anyway...
BEautiful work on those mats and runner...hugs Julierose

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What's not to like? She'll LOVE them! :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Little works of art, they are. Thanks for sharing!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Beautiful colours - they are little works of art in their own right - at first glance I thought they were small wall hangings :)