Smitten started back in January
as a way to use up lots of small pieces.
You can read about it HERE.
Since then there has been a lot of
off-again/on-again leader-ender activity.
(last project update was HERE)
One batch of those sewn-together pieces
waiting to be trimmed is above.
The goal was to create 384 of these
2.5" scrappy four-patch blocks.
The last time I stopped and counted,
I was still at least 70 blocks shy of that total.
So the process began again . . .
Pieces sewn into pairs.
Pairs pressed with top/bottom edges trimmed straight.
Prepped pairs sewn together into oversize fours.
More pressing and trimming to size.
At last, I now have 390 four-patch blocks
ready to pair with their alternate 2.5" squares.
The first halves (top) of what will become
4" finished double four-patch blocks (bottom)
are paired and pinned together.
As I work on those drawstring gift bags
I'll use these as my leader-ender pieces.
(and for once, I've been able to keep a long-term
leader-ender project in that L-E format
instead of having it become my main focus)
I'm looking forward to pairing
the top and bottom halves in the near future . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.”
John Lubbock
5 comments:
I was inspired by your original post to start a similar project. How are you pressing the final seem in your double four-patches?
Congrats on your progress, Julie, and for not allowing this Leader/Ender to take over!
I'm impressed with all those blocks! Good idea to sew them as a leader/ender project so you don't get bored with the whole thing. This quilt will be gorgeous!
I forgot about those little gems that you were making. They look so wonderful, the tinyness just makes them adorable. Glad there is progress.
So fun to see you're back at it, Julie.
Post a Comment