Several weeks ago,
Little Man was here for a weekend visit.
He and Uncle A and yours truly painted rocks.
(from the garden section of the big box store -
not special flat crafting rocks)
Little Man's are in the foreground,
Uncle A's are to the upper right
and mine are at the upper left.
Once dry, Little Man wrote his name on each of his rocks
using a Sharpie marker before we added
a sealer coat and he took his rocks home.
He was SO proud of his work.
(he put them all in their front flower beds)
Last week Uncle A and I sat down with our rocks and paint markers.
Once the designs were dry, we added the coat of sealer.
Another overnight dry and it was time to enjoy the results.
These are Uncle A's - there are companion designs on the reverse
of each of these (i.e., sun/moon, all/nothing)
I have three rocks that now live in my sewing room.
This is the first one.
This is the second - top view.
The second rock's bottom side.
(this is a recurring theme for me - "be YOU, not them")
And this is the third studio rock.
Side one.
Side two.
Sides three and four.
Side five.
I've wanted to do something with my four words
(liberated, scrappy, eclectic, colorful)
for a long time - now I can cross it off my list.
This was the largest of my rocks.
And these are the others.
* * *
There are an equal number of naked rocks
stored in a bucket for another session.
Uncle A and I learned a lot - the next time around
there are several things we'll do differently.
No clue when that will happen, but that's okay.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“What makes things memorable is that they are meaningful, significant, colorful.”
Joshua Foer
9 comments:
Very nice and colorful, just like your quilts!
These rocks are lovely. I love the dotted ones - reminds me of Aussie artwork. The large one you made - 'the ever seeing eye' popped into my head; also looks like Indian style drawings. Thanks for sharing your ideas :)
I used to paint rocks with tangle designs and had my students do it also. They could not get that rounded rocks need to have the design follow the roundness. They kept trying to do flat designs and stop at the soonest curve. I think too much screen watching maybe. Enjoyed your rocks.
What fun, Julie!!! Aside from the studio ricks, I particularly like the Camp Sefton rock. My boys enjoyed going to Camp Grandma when they were growing up. Many happy memories for all involved!
What a great project for kids and adults! I love these.
Such fun!
Love these. I’ll bet he’ll remember doing them forever!
You must all have had a splendid time together creating your painted rocks. So special to keep and have happy memories. Our daughter has one tucked away somewhere which I bought ready painted and with her name on the back when she was around 5yrs old - she's now 51 yrs!
This looks so fun! Little creativity reminders.:)
Post a Comment