Feisty is next up on the FMQ list.
(quilt top reveal post HERE)
This is the variegated top thread I've chosen.
The backing plan has changed.
And yes, this is the same backing fabric I used
(Alexander Henry "birds of a feather" 2007)
This is the single-color bobbin thread I'll use.
At the last minute I decided to add 3" borders all around.
The top looks more grounded now -
and yes, I'll square those corners after FMQ.
Here's a better look at the Kaffe fabric I used for the borders
and the binding (another last minute change).
Stay tuned . . .
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“I don’t start with a color order but find the colors as I go.”
Helen Frakenthaler





6 comments:
Happy quilting, Julie! I don't recall what the backing choice had been. LOVE the stripy binding substitution!!
I love your choices for the border, backing, and binding!
I like this quilt top and love the backing fabric. The binding fabric is perfect too. How could you not smile when you see this all these parts come together.
Ohh this one is going to be so great!! Enjoy quilting it!!
That is such a happy quilt, Julie! The colors, the bright string spiderwebs, and that bird backing...what's not to love! Happy quilting!
Love the spider web blocks! And with polka dots too!
Post a Comment