This is the stool in my design studio.
DH put it together using the base from a worn office chair,
a round piece of plywood, thick upholstery foam,
and now - a new purple vinyl covering.
SO much better.
You can see a piece of the former covering here --
bet you can tell why I like the new version better.
I have also spent a lot of time this past week
pondering the current state of Pandemonium.
My main goal was to figure out
why I haven't wanted to work on it.
I'm not wild about some of the combinations
the way things are now which, with the help
of my seam ripper, will be easy enough to deal with.
More of the reason for my procrastination
centers on the fact that I pulled yardage
to use for filling the interior areas.
Yardage Paralysis quickly took root.
I need scraps to work with . . .
so I've come up with a new plan of attack.
One of my long-simmering ideas
has been to make an all-triangle quilt top
to work with this backing (foreground).
Since there is considerable overlap in the pink range (left)
between Pandemonium and what I've named Agglomeration
(a mass or collection of things; an assemblage)
I went ahead and enlarged the fabric pull.
I'll cut my way through these stacks to generate
lots of 6" squares to die cut the triangles.
That process will surely create
the needed scraps for Pandemonium.
Stay tuned.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Everything should be available in the color pink, including monster trucks”
Richelle E. Goodrich




14 comments:
That sounds like a good plan! Working with scraps makes me happy, too, Julie. Cutting into stash for your new quilt will provide the leftovers you need.
Forget about the design wall, I'm just drooling over how lovely your stash is and how its stored.
What a luscious wall of color. When I had fabric stored on open shelves, I had trouble with fading even though the shelves didn't face a window. You haven't had a problem with fading? My eyes were also drawn to your curtain. I'm making 9 patches to make some curtains and I like your use of the ring hangers. Much simpler than making a hanging sleeve to use with the tension rods. So thanks for the idea.
Pat
Well done on the new stool, and I love how the purple goes with your fabric stash far better than another brown cover would have!
To figure out why we procrastinate working on a project is such an important question! It seems that once that is answered and fixed, everything falls into place again.
Love the way your mind works. The beautifully folded fabric on shelves made me swoon, forget diamonds.
... and Pandemonium was quite thoroughly created! I just love the new upholstery! :)
That's so funny! That is exactly what I do - start new quilts so I can use the scraps. I have yardage paralysis too. The stool is great - and I too am admiring your stash. You are welcome to come fold my fabric anytime.
I have background paralysis frequently. You have a good plan and lovely pinks to use. Plus, the stool is darling.
That is a very great chair! and yardage paralysis - I like that term -
I am sure you will find a suitable solution and this will be amazing!
Luscious purple covering and what a handy stool to have by the side of your fabric storage. Nice range of pinks in your latest grouping and a good idea!
Where/how do you find all these interesting and explanatory names?
Love your wall of color! I’m looking forward to see what you do with Pandemonium.
Those fabrics you've pulled are gorgeous! Have fun!
Post a Comment