Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Farmland - September’s Kitchen Table Quilt



Farmland is finished!

64" x 64" 




September's kitchen table quilt was quilted 
with Glide thread in Military Gold (top)
and a wide variety of neutral Glide threads
in bobbins leftover from previous FMQ projects.




I used multiple FMQ motifs including organic lines,
both straight and wavy, my liberated all-over fans, and
a lot of letting the fabrics inspire the quilted lines.

(a single all-over design just did not
suit the inspiration concept of patchwork 
farm fields as seen from the air . . . )




The quilted texture is wonderful on the front -
but hardly shows at all on the back.




I am very happy with the way Farmland came together.




After a trip through the washer/dryer 
to enhance the quilted texture,
Farmland will take up residence 
on our kitchen table later today.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“The colour with which nature has tinted the background of all her pictures, green, is the most suitable ground for other colours. It unites wonderfully well with the yellow and blue which have produced it; it heightens red, and there is no flower or ripe fruit which it does not set off to greater advantage... it is both gay and modest, bright and tender. Green can only awaken amiable and gentle thoughts, remembrances gracious as those of spring, and other promises of nature: green gives repose to the mind, as it does to the sight.”
Charles Blanc

15 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Your quilt certainly hits your inspiration mark….it’s richly colored and fetching to gaze at. One of my quilts was also inspired by looking at farmland from a plane….Crop Circles as seen out west :). Done in green and neutral shirtings in Cherie style ;-) I like your color quote today…when you started them is wasn’t t sure there would be enough for a year of posts, who knew?

Brenda said...

As a farmer’s daughter, Farmland sings to my soul! It is so evocative of farming fields seen from above. Great work! I love Farmland!

Brenda said...

And the quilting is perfect!

MaureenHP said...

The colors and name are so perfect! Beautiful job!

Julierose said...

I LOVE this one, Julie!! So evocative of farmlands I've flown over...beautiful job.. hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

I agree with everyone else, that Farmland is the perfect name and and the quilt totally reflects your design concept. Also love the quote today.
Pat

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOOOOVE it!!!! The quilting is so cool!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you and Max had a TON of fun "plowing the fields" of your "farmland", Julie! Congrats on this latest finish. Enjoy!

Mari said...

It is lovely, Julie, and how fun that all the fields are plowed differently. It looks just like farmland! Enjoy September.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the quilting- Military Gold is perfect. Love the landscape.

Elaine Adair said...

I'd like to repeat every other comment! It's wonderful. As the daughter of a man who farmed, and living where farming is KING, this quilt is wonderful! Wish I'd made one like it. 8-))

Mystic Quilter said...

Great finish!! Your mix of quilting designs in each piece are stunning, congratulations!

Vicki W said...

Perfect kitchen table quilt! I love your quilting motifs. It looks like you had a grand time quilting this one.

Chookyblue...... said...

That looks great....I often say the paddocks look like a patchwork quilt.....

Bernie Kringel said...

When I read your posts, I always think "oh, I want to make that". Every single time. Maybe I will just start making Julie quilts. Each one is so cool. Love this farm field look. Though when we land in CA and look down at the farm fields near Sacramento, the fields are very dry and brown. Hoping they green up soon.