Gerful took less than a year!
(fabrics pulled late July 2020)
Not only that, but the quilt is finished
less than two weeks after the quilt top was completed.
That must be some kind of record for me.
This scrappy quilt makes me so happy . . .
I had intended to use a dark binding
but at the last minute I noticed this scrappy binding
in the to-be-quilted closet and I made a snap decision.
I am SO glad I listened to that thought.
Quilted with liberated all over fans
using Glide thread in Lead Grey.
48" wide x 60" long
Once tamed and squared, almost the entire back
features my beloved sassy teapots from 2007.
("The Chef's Choice" by Jessica Sporn for Robert Kaufman)
GERFUL is absolutely a YES YES YES finish.
For those of you with eagle eyes (see photo one)
instead of mini white Christmas lights on our fence,
we now have dimmable waterproof LED lights
that will stay in place year round.
Like Gerful, the new lights make me very, very happy.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“But when I fell in love with black, it contained all color. It wasn’t a negation of color. It was an acceptance. Because black encompasses all colors. Black is the most aristocratic color of all …You can be quiet, and it contains the whole thing.”
Louise Nevelson






18 comments:
Gerful is a lovely quilt--nice finish..and that backing is an amazing print...
so cute...nice work hugs, Julierose
The quilting really looks nice and I'm glad you used the scrappy binding. I like to use that when I can. I guess I just like scrappy! LOL Also like your lights.
Congrats on another fabulous quilt finish, Julie!! One of these days, I will make a quilt with that pattern. It's been on the TO MAKE list for far too long for very much longer!
Gerful is so awesome looking! I love the mix of brights and darks creating your design. Oh my gosh, I laughed when I saw your giant clothespins to hold your quilt for photographing. Aren’t they a bunch of fun! I agree, your colorful scrappy binding is perfect. I love your lights going around your yard. Both of those would make me feel really happy too.
Gerful is amazing! I can see why you like it. So bright. You will love the LED lights too; they make a difference.
Gerful is indeed a happy quilt! The quilting looks lovely and the scrappy binging sets it off just right! Love the back too.
The sharp contrast of those lively prints makes the design a total win, Julie.
Those giant clothespins are terrific! Blue is the rarest of the beach glass that I find on my lakeshore walks.
If I wasn't valiantly trying to suppress my inner squirrel, I would be running to the studio at this very moment and beginning this quilt. But, alas, it will have to be content to go to the top of my "I really need to make this quilt" list.
Happy Flag Day.
Pat
I love the wonderful play of the black background fabrics against the brighter lighter prints. Scrappy binding was a perfect fit for it too. A fast finish, new record, you are on a roll this year with finishing.
Delightful quilt Julie. I just had to stare at the picture for a while and take it all in. Just so fun!
I love you new quilt!! So interesting and so is the back. If you give it away, put my name on your list of possible giftees. Bravo Julie!!
This is one of my favorites- the quilting made it come even more alive. The scrappy binding is genius- looks tailor made. I am looking for those lights to put in my little yard. I have to look harder. Thanks for such happy quilt photos today.
It's such a happy quilt!
I love the 'bright' blacks in Gerful and how could this beauty not make anyone happy, it is beautiful and I am so pleased you went with the scrappy binding, perfect. You have such a collection now of HST quilts and I look through them often, this one really grabs my full attention,
Congratulations on the quilt and the quilting.
Gerful is fantabulous!! So joyful and fun with the perfect quote as well. I think the expedient finish cleaning is indicative of how much ch for n this one was for the maker 😉 Congratulations!
What a fabulous quilt!!!!
I knew there had to be more than the wonderful quilts from scraps that drew me to you----and sure enough--BOTTLE TREES--But truthfully, your quilts have my heart
BEAUTIFUL
Post a Comment