Now that all eleven quilts in the
Dumpster Diving series are finished,
I put together a video so I had photos all in one place.
CLICK HERE and enjoy.
(just fyi - this is on DH's YouTube account)
* * *
Now about those goals . . .
Fourth of July is ready to pin baste for some FMQ action.
So is Hello July.
Fruit Smoothie is also waiting for FMQ
so it will be ready for use on July 1.
* * *
I'm not sure why but I've been more in the mood
to quilt/finish some of these waiting tops/backs
than I have been to sit and sew at my Bernina.
I'm still working on my RSC red projects
(lined drawstring gift bags and Hoppipolla)
and here it is almost June when Angela
will announce the next color of the month.
Oh well, it's all good because
every stitch moves something forward.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“I never met a color I didn’t like.”
Dale Chihuly




18 comments:
What a fabulous series Dumpster Diving has been. Would you be tempted, do you think, to work in a big series like this again?
A great quilt show of your finishes! I love your Fourth of July quilt design and the fabrics. And, wow, Fruit Smoothie is sure a delight to look at.
Wonderful YT video--kudos to your hubster;)))
I Love DD11 and I am debating on my lego/compost quilt, that I have begun cutting for, whether to go just plain mish-mash crazee or to do one colorway blocks like your DD11..your quilts are inspirational to me...thank you for sharing...
hugs, Julierose
Your designs of the quilts over the 11 in the series are so varied. That was a great way to have the photos all together.
I bet it feels good to be in a finishing groove right now to get some backlog of tops out of the closet and into the finished stack.
Nice video summary and a good way to wrap up your Dumpster Diving series.
Pat
Thanks for the great quilt show! What a fun way to display them together . I’m impressed with the variety of ways you’ve used this basic shape!
Great slide show! I had forgotten a couple of those quilts. It's hard to pick a favorite because they are all awesome, but Blue Springs Road really stands out. The new series looks great, too. Fruit Smoothie is a perfect name for that bright, happy quilt, too.
So enjoyed the video of your quilts. (Ashamed to say, the trip over to YouTube turned into a “squirrel” situation...) These red/white/blue quilts are lovely and remind me I want to do something in that color combination, especially this time of year. I always find inspiration here!
Great video! Your strippy projects continue to inspire me. Thank you!
I loved seeing the dumpster diving series all together, even though I have been following the individual completions. Such wonderful use of color and design, Julie!
All the DD quilts are beautiful, and it's great to see them all together.
I'v only been following you for about a year so I really enjoyed seeing all the DDs in the same place. I also like the two July quilts. I need to get mine finished- I pinned it last night so it won't be ready for Memorial Day, but July 4th I'm sure of!
Ride the (quilting) wave, Julie. Goodness knows there are too many days when we aren't in the mood to do anything more than sit and mindlessly piece!! Thanks for the link. Off to have a look...
Your you tube video is excellent. Thank you. Great to be able to see them all in one place. Is there a reason you make them approx. 48 x 60"
I tend to make my quilts too big, then when the top is done, they are too hard to quilt on my Bernina. I pay to get the precious ones quilted.
I might have to make 2 out of one top. haha!
It must take to forever to sort out your scraps? thats the hardest part!!
The video was great! Nice to see the sequence (and to enjoy all the colors all over again).
Love the fabrics in the tumblers! Great close-up!
Your DD video is great! Such a clear record of your work...and so VERY JOY FILLED!
I enjoyed the video very much indeed. Fruit Smoothie - delicious and headed to your link, the design is simple but so effective in the colours you have used and a good size.
Post a Comment