Saturday, May 1, 2021

Introducing Pizzazz




My class with Sarah Bond happened on Wednesday.

(photo taken during our lunch break)




By the end of the day
I had completed all eight of my strip sets
and learned the remaining steps needed to
 transform them into a Diamond Stairsteps top.




This photo shows my two background fabrics
with a strip set laid in between
and the backing fabric along the left edge.




On Thursday, I sewed the first horizontal row together
and laid it out with the background for what will be 
the adjacent row as one final double-check.

I'm winging it in terms of how large my quilt top will be -
Sarah's has more color strips per width (10 or 11 to my 8)
but I don't want a quilt that is 60+ inches wide.

My quilt will be named Pizzazz - 
"an attractive combination of vitality and glamour"

(term said to have been invented by Diana Vreeland, 
fashion editor of Harper's Bazaar in the 1930s)




AND . . . DH's birthday is Sunday
with our 46th anniversary on Monday
(hence the flowers)

Because our reserves in the freezer were getting low,
DH baked a double batch of Vienna bread
to go with the double batch of sandwich bread
he had baked earlier in the week.

It is all SO good.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Color is all.  When color is right, form is right.  Color is everything, color is vibration like music; everything is vibration.”
Marc Chagall

16 comments:

Nancy said...

What great fabrics you're using for this project. Looking good. Zoom classes really work, don't they? The flowers are lovely, but despite all the color, my eye goes right to that glorious bread. What a talent for baking.

Julierose said...

Pizzazz is definitely a punch of pizzazz--just lovely--nice contrast with the background...that bread looks so yummy. Have a fun weekend hugs, Julierose

Betty C said...

very attractive!

Mari said...

I love those colorful diamonds and the great background fabrics, of course, but the bread looks amazing! I can almost smell it. And what lovely flowers, too. Happy anniversary!

Judy in Michigan said...

Great fabrics sure have Pizzazz!! Happy Birthday to DH and Happy Anniversary to you two!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy, happy celebrations at your house!!
The quilt is going to be fabulous.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing this quilt grow, Julie

Chookyblue...... said...

I love how you always can choose cool names for your words.....
This one is looking great so far.....
The bread looks wonderful and congrats on your big anniversary.......

Monica said...

Happy anniversary in advance! I hope you both have a great day!

Tammy Hutchinson said...

Happy anniversary! It all looks delicious.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wow! What a fun quilt! Happy anniversary to you both :)

QuiltGranma said...

You definitely have a real keeper there, making bread! Happy Anniversary! And a beautiful start to a wowzers quilt!

Ellie said...

Pizzazz is wonderful! Can’t wait to see it!

Nann said...

I didn't realize that pizzazz is a relatively new word. Your quilt-in-progress is worth of the name. Happy anniversary! (And now I will look up Sarah Bond.)

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a glorious rich colour mix here! I cant wait to see your progress, looks exciting - as does the freshly baked bread baked by your DH. Happy belated anniversary wishes !

LynneP said...

Happy Anniversary! May you celebrate many more together!