Yesterday I finally figured out WHY the quilting
of this one has been waiting for almost a year.
I changed the backing and binding fabrics and VOILA!
I now have two Dumpster Diving quilts
pin basted and ready for FMQ action.
(that's 8-Bella on the left and 10-Do Tell on the right)
Drama Queen has a few more blocks on the design wall.
* * *
Google/Feedburner announced yesterday
that the FollowByEmail widget
used by over 500 of you
will cease working in July.
It appears there are no plans to provide
an alternate method for email following.
(Blogger is run using very old software
and as other interfaces update their products,
Blogger's functionality is being left behind too often -
I don't relish the thought of starting over
on a new platform but that possibility
is slowing moving up on the reality check scale)
Deep breath . . .
I use Bloglovin to follow most of the blogs
I read on a regular basis.
I'm sure there are others as well.
Hopefully you can find a new way to follow along
before July arrives and the current widget quits working.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“There is nothing permanent except change.”
Heraclitus




17 comments:
It's funny how some things just come together after sitting for a long while. Great job on both. I am really liking Drama Queen!
Bella is going to be beautiful with her field of flowers backing! I feel your pain about the FeedBurner announcement, Julie. I have more than 1200 readers who subscriber for my posts to arrive directly into their inbox. SEW not happy about this news!!!
That backing change-out was just the ticket to place your quilt back into motion- all forward movement is truly a great thing. Your quilts are all vibrant and inspiring!
Drama Queen is really awesome. It’s really growing!
Maybe you could create a sidebar of “blogs I read” on your blog. At a glance, you can see which blogs have a new post, click on it, and read. Also, it will help create new readers of those blogs if your readers check out some of those blogs. I know I sometimes like to check out new-to-me blogs.
This FollowByEmail thing affects if you get blog posts automatically to email only? Not the lists of blogs so many have on a side bar, and that I use daily? There are some blogs I visit daily to use their sidebar to visit yet more blogs (no wonder I have no idea where I comment sometimes!). I'd be very sad if those stopped working.
As always, sew many beautiful things in this post. I decided to try Feedly after a number of people commented it was where they were going when Google shut down their aggregating mechanism. It doesn't come to my email (maybe it could, I just didn't look for that option). Instead, I have a single link I click on and there in technicolor glory are the blogs I follow or sometimes check in on, I can even divide them into categories. I get a portion of the post on Feedly and can easily click through for the whole piece, which means you're still getting my click when I click through (as I understand it). Perhaps some of your readers will find this helpful?
Wow, that backing is super with the quilt. I am not sure what I use. In my Blogger, I click on Reading List and that is how I see other's blogs. Is that what is affected? Thanks for the gorgeous photos today, much inspired.
I definitely prefer the flower backing to the previous choice. Sometimes it pays to wait. On the email notification change I'm just hoping some tech-savvy blogger will be able to outline some alternatives for the non-techy among blog readers who aren't bloggers themselves. I am signd up for bloglovin' but it doesn't send me an email reminder, so I miss the blogs that required that as an option. I follow a lot of blogs and don't really want to have to bookmark all of them. Maybe I'll just have to weed a few out (not yours, of course).
Pat
the flower backing is gorgeous...very nice choice.
So many changes--EVERYWHERE it seems...sigh...I guess we will just have to move on...I hope your upcoming weekend will be full of joyous sewing hugs, Julierose
I really like your new backing choice. I love the first backing and it will just have to find a top it likes better. I can see a pretty cream, pink, and apricot quilt top with it.
I got the notice about Feedburner and honestly I didn't even understand what it is. I'm tech savvy in some ways and totally in the dark in others.
I use Feedly to follow your blog and many others. It works very well. There are Feedly apps for my iOS devices, or I use it in a web browser on my computer. There’s a free version or a paid Pro version. Dot
Bonnie Hunter is switching over to Bloglovn' which is a pain in the +++ for me on the receiving end. They seem to keep a person up to date for a while, and then all of a sudden the blogs no longer come; which is why I now get you through Feedly. No notifications from them so have to check every day, but at least I still get the blogs
As a non-blogger, I get all my blog post notifications via email. This is going to be sad. I spend way too much time on the computer anyway, and so if the notice of a new post is not in my email feed, I don't see it. Bad move on their part :(
I do like the backing for the solids quilt. So fun!
Interesting how the change of the backing fabric made it possible to move that quilt forward. But I get it! I saw the notice from Blogger too. I have done much better having blog posts emailed to me. I hope someone comes up with a similar solution soon. If posts notices don't come to my inbox I'm likely to forget to even look for new posts. :-(
It's most always the little things.:) Love the change!
Such a bright post this morning, love it!
I hate that blogger is getting older and older with no care given.....I do love it and there is no replacement like it... It's so different to the other social media options..
Post a Comment