Saturday, October 17, 2020

Dumpster Diving 11 - Mischief Maker - Blocks Completed



This month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is YELLOW
so I made my two monthly blocks in yellows and golds.

Their completion means the blocks for 
Dumpster Diving 11 - Mischief Maker are done.

All that's left now is to sew all 20 blocks together.

WOOT!




I shared part of the quilt's name inspiration
in a previous post (click HERE).

This Quippy Cup is the other part.

Purchased at a local arts fair two years ago,
it lives on one of the floating shelves 
directly in front of where I sit and sew.

"There is a History of Mischief in this place ..."

(click HERE to visit the mud poet's website)





These are the backing fabrics for DD 11.




And these characters are two from a full panel
that will be pieced into DD 11's backing
because I think they're awesome
and they surely look like they're
up to a bit of mischief . . . 





Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Listen to the mustn’ts, child, listen to the Don’ts.  
Listen to the Shouldn’ts, the Impossibles, the Won’ts.  
Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me – 
anything can happen, child, anything can be.”
Shel Silverstein

19 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Congratulations on another finish. It looks great and I think you found the perfect backing!

Julierose said...

What a lovely vibrant finish to this one; I love the two mischief makers you will incorporate on the backing...nice work hugs, Julierose

Frog Quilter said...

Love the newest flimsy!!! Absolutely beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fun quilt this will be, Julie. Congrats on finishing up the blocks!

Nann said...

They're a riotous rainbow, Julie -- and the name is perfect! (Great mug, too.)

Marly said...

Lovely rainbow finish with such a lot of little pieces in each block.

LA Paylor said...

dd11 is awesome
where did you get those characters in fabric, must have them

Linda said...

Where did you find those awesome backing fabrics?? I love them!

Mari said...

Your blocks are great, of course, but I really love those little mischief-makers that are going on the back. Love your mug, too. Happy weekend!

Linda said...

What a great quilt. The blocks have come together so well. A riot of colour.

Kathy E. said...

I love everything in this post! Your RSC blocks (what size are they?), the adorable mischief mug and the backing fabrics are all perfect! I have yet to post about my yellow RSC 9 patches, but they are done and all sewn together, ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I need a name for me quilt...something to think about.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love all the scrappy wonderfulness of these blocks! Won't they make a happy quilt?! Thanks for always sharing your inspiration and process!

MissPat said...

Rainbow-luscious. I have some of both of those backing fabrics. I used them as the inspiration fabric for a quilt along I did last winter. Wish I had bought more of each. Love the critters going on the back and the Silverstein quote.
Pat

Cathy said...

Oh what fun...er, I mean mischief!

I love that quote. I have several Shel Silverstein books here somewhere that I read to my kids when they were younger.

Jenny said...

Dont your blocks look wonderful together, gorgeous colours! Did you cut all the strips the same size?

grammajudyb said...

I love all your Dumpster Diving Quilts. I find myself going back and reading your posts over and over again! So many fabulous fabrics and so many hints and tips!

Deb A said...

Wow! I love how this one came together. Perfect backing pieces as well.

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on having all your blocks on the wall and the backing you're showing us is perfect. Love the two little characters in the panel, a splendid addition to go into the backing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Mischief Maker is AWESOME!!! I want to make one now!!! and that backing fabric - amazing!