My colors for September's RSC blocks - red and brown.
Brown?!?
Yes - brown.
Not dull and boring browns
but warm and comforting tones with
sparks of pizazz mixed in for good measure
Red - what can I say.
Strong, cheerful, vibrant and more.
Here are the two slabs prior to being trimmed into 12.5" squares.
And here are the newest squares with the other 16 blocks.
Only two more blocks to go . . .
When I was casting about for a name for Dumpster Diving 11,
I chanced across this children's book about a noisy parrot
and DD 11's name instantly became Mischief Maker.
Once the quilt is finished
Little Man and I will cuddle under it while
we read all about Papagayo, the Mischief Maker.
* * *
If you'd like to see what some of the others
are doing with their RSC red scraps this month,
click HERE to visit the link up.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“O’ Great Spirit – help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence.”
Cherokee prayer






12 comments:
oh i like your warm happy browns and pretty reds - very fall like!
Those are some luscious browns! I love your DD11 blocks and can’t wait to see the quilt finished!
Your browns are wonderful - as are all your Mischief Makers! And - you have the best quotes along your side bar! I just enjoyed reading through all of them.
Love the chocolate brown and the zazzy reds! Such a fun quilt you will have to snuggle under - great name by the way.
Beautiful warm browns--so comforting and alongside those jazzy reds--just perfect...
hugs, Julierose
This is absolutely wonderful, Julie; these two additions are perfect! I had to go back and reread your narrative because I thought: what does she mean by "sparks of pizza mixed in for good measure?" I must've been hungry! :)
Yummy brown scraps to pair with the RED ones for this month's RSC!!
Brown never looked so good! That slab will make us all rethink our brown fabrics. Red always draws me in. All your slabs look so wonderful.
I love those reds and browns! Your quilt is coming together nicely.
I love Chocolate Brown.
When a quilt needs something the first thing I think of is a rich chocolate brown!!!
Of course I am not always right. lol But that is where I start.
Going to check to see if the local library has that children's book. Love the way the parrot is done on the cover it gives me ideas, but probably not a lot of brown in it.
Not sure why so many quilters find browns to be boring. There is a rich variety among the browns, but maybe because quilters also lean toward more feminine designs, the browns have trouble fitting in. Mischief Makers will make cuddling with Little Man even more delightful.
Pat
Mischief Maker is almost at the finishing line then - looking so colourful. Enjoy the cuddles!!
Post a Comment