Friday, August 14, 2020

Feisty - the Flimsy



Feisty has become a flimsy.
(or quilt top if you prefer that term)

This is my fifteenth quilt top of 2020.




From the opposite direction . . . 





And yet another perspective.

SO scrappy and so gloriously colorful.

* * *

On the renovation front:

You may wondered how we were going
to get all that flooring from the garage
to the second floor bonus room.

Well, here's your answer:



DH installed this lift a year or so ago
and we have never been sorry.

It lowers into the garage from the second story.
(notice the lighter gray painted landing area)




Here is the lift in action.

(controlled by a remote that lives in the garage -
and as a precaution, DH added safety features 
to prevent the lift from being operated
when the garage door is open)




And here is the lift (shown with different cargo)
where it appears on the second floor.

Like I said, we have NOT been sorry
that we invested the money and space for this lift.




DH has spent this week leveling the flooring in the room.
(darker areas are still wet)

We always knew that floor was unlevel
but we had NO idea it was as bad it really was.

Even though the surfaces are hard enough to walk on,
we need to wait another few days for
the compound to lose the rest of its moisture
before installation of the flooring can begin.

Progress is happening!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I want to say THANK YOU to the rare few individuals in my life who have listened without judgment, spoken without prejudice, helped me without entitlement, understood without pretension, and loved me without conditions.”
Unknown - from QuotesCollective.com

15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colors and design of the quilt are so dynamic and engaging. Wow. Love the lift idea. My husband had to carry all the vinyl plank flooring down the basement stairs- 16 boxes worth. His knees still need icing. I just love to see your quilts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting Feisty into top form, Julie! Borders or the 'to be quilted' closet next? Wow! Mr. Diva is quite handy to have around, isn't he?! :o))

Mari said...

Feisty is so fun! Just what we need in these gloomy days. I love how the stars shine out from the stringy backgrounds. And the lift! Pure genius! Hope the floor installation goes smoothly.

Julierose said...

WOW--lot of construction going on there. Your quilt flimsy is really neat!! Great splashes of color...and wonderful scrappiness...
hugs from afar julierose

LA Paylor said...

what a colorful fun quilt! It looks great on the wall. That lift... wowza!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you went back to your original layout. It is a WOW quilt top!

Quilter Kathy said...

Feisty is a party quilt... so much energy and enthusiasm for life! Love it!

audrey said...

Feisty turned out to be glorious. Great word for how it looks! Love all that scrappiness so much and the bright touches of bold color help give it wonderful focus. Your garage lift is fabulous. Very ingenious!

Mego said...

BEAUTIFUL 'flimsy'! It turned out so great! I also like your FERHOODLE...I'm doing Bonnie's LE too and it's helping me clean up a lot of scraps...or course, they multiply but at least I'm using some!!!

Cathy said...

Fantabulous Feisty flimsy! I think it was a good choice to go with your original layout instead of the ribbon layout.

POLLYS POCKETS said...

Oh man! I need a lift to move the Christmas boxes from under the house to the 2nd floor where we live....as it is, I have to "slide" the plastic tubs up the stairs...I will admit going down is easier! You are a lucky wife indeed, to have such a creative husband!

Nancy said...

The quilt looks really wonderful! And there is no way to calculate what that lift has saved in time and energy. Very smart addition.

QuiltGranma said...

Love your interpretation of the Spider Web quilt. That lift is a handy dandy thing!

Paulette said...

Wow, Feisty is gorgeous! I think it's one of my all-time faves of your quilts!

Mystic Quilter said...

Feisty is just that - the explosion of colour is a treat! Wow, your lift is a great idea