Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Bonheur - The Flimsy



Bonheur, which means happiness, is a flimsy (quilt top).




Created using a stack of 3-inch-cut reproduction strips
and a mix of tutorials by Wanda and Rita.




I added the scrappy blue 2.5-inch-cut strips
as an outer border to increase the overall size
and to protect all those sewn seam ends.

64" x 64"



The back will use up several leftover pieces of red
as well as the remaining strip-strata segments.

I do love a scrappy back.

* * *

Lynne has started sharing the story
of how she and I met
along with some of our 
long-distance (and together) adventures.

Her first post is HERE if you're interested.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening.”

Lisa M. Hayes

12 comments:

QuiltGram said...

Your Bonheur quilt is a breath of fresh air to this northerner! Actually Mainer who is looking out at a dreary overcast damp day. Still have snow on the ground and at least six more weeks before daffodils will start popping up! This quilt is the perfect antidote.

I like the scrappy blue border. And my favorite kind of background....a great place for leftovers. As a New Englander, frugal is always applauded. These ‘rag backs’ are my husband,s favorite.


The Joyful Quilter said...

That's SEW going to be a happy quilt, Julie!!

Magpie Sue said...

Such a cheerful top!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love both Wanda and Rita's tutorials and their color sense. This quilt is distinctly yours, regardless of where you got ideas. It makes me want to have some fresh made muffins and a cup of good coffee.

Janie said...

Thanks, lots of food for thought, quilt and quote.

audrey said...

Very charming. Love a bit of red with the feedsack fabrics.:)

Jennifer said...

i really (REALLY REALLY REALLY) love this quilt! so springy; so cheerful! how did you get your fabrics so nicely distrubuted? great job all around! and the red is just the nice touch- not too much, not too little! will you bind it in red?

Barb said...

What a wonderful flimsy...happiness all over the place

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh, your flimsy is a beauty. So beautifully pieced.

Ann said...

Such a clever way to use up some scraps. And all those reds on the back! I need to reduce my scrap bag soon.

Sharon said...

This quilt is so charming! I love it. It is a very happy quilt! Thanks for the links to the tutorials.

Mystic Quilter said...

The reproduction prints give this such a homely, cosy feel. Thank you for sharing the links to both tutorials, I already have ideas on fabric for one of these quilts.