
The first of my twelve kitchen table quilts is finished!
Bemused measures 64" x 64"
(shown here on our back yard patio table)
This is Bemused's reverse side.
Quilted with unmarked liberated oversize
orange peels using Glide thread in a soft pink.
Full view laying on our drab khaki January grass.
And a full view of the reverse side.
I'm so happy with the scrappy binding.
Looking forward to putting this one on the kitchen table
so we can enjoy it for the rest of the month.
(Bemused's top/back reveal post is HERE)
UPDATE:
For those who have asked, this is a full-fledged quilt
with a pieced top, scrappy/pieced back,
sandwiched with Hobbs 80/20 binding.
Bemused will be used on the kitchen table this month
and then enjoyed elsewhere in the house
until the next January rolls around.
* * *
I've already started piecing February's quilt -
but that deserves a post of its own
sometime in the next week or so.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“Be a good listener. Your ears will never get you in trouble.”
Frank Tyger





20 comments:
Love it! The orange peel shows up nicely on both sides. Congratulations!
What a lovely finish to start off 2020!! Enjoy, Julie, as it's sure to add some scrappy sunshine to your kitchen.
Beautiful finish--love that quilting...hugs, Julierose
this is a very pretty table top quilt. Now I want to make a bunch too.
gosh you are so inspiring.
thanks for that ❤️
The fabrics are lovely, but O M G that quilting is divine!
I think this is the first time I have thought... I should make a quilt like that so I can quilt that pattern! LOL
So beautiful!
It is charming, Julie, and you are clever to make kitchen tablecloths this way. I like them better than regular tablecloths. Do they only last a month or do you rotate them monthly or give them away after a month?
So sweet - Simple, traditional patchwork will always be my favorite. Really nice Julie!
What a happy table that will make!
Love it!! I smiled when I saw it on the patio table...our patio is under 3 or more feet of snow!!! LOL
Very Happy!
This is beautiful. Fun colors and wonderful quilting. 12 tablecloths sounds like a great goal.
Oh, gosh...I just love the way you are filling every nook and cranny of your house with patchwork...first pillows and now tablecloths. And what a great idea to make twelve to rotate. I use vintage tablecloths on my dining room table but every time I see your tablecloths I feel inspired to make some. I forget...do you use batting in your tablecloths?
The quilt is beautiful along with its quilting. I just could not bear to get stains on any of my quilts if I used it as a table cloth. Yours looks terrific.
I'd be happy finishing just one tablecloth 'someday' much less 12! And the stains - I'd need to make them brown!
Well done, my friend; bravo!!
Such a cheerful quilt for the table, you'll enjoy this whether on the kitchen table or where you have it presently for the photograph.
Another beautiful quilt with gorgeous quilting too!
I love this idea so much but I'm curious - do you already have them all planned, are any part-done or will you be making them in order through the year?
What a lovely looking quilt! So looking forward to this particular series! Crossing my fingers that I won't be drawn in though. Can't afford to get that distracted.:)
I absolutely love the look of quilts on a table, but would be so afraid of stains. There is so much work in quilting that I would hate to spoil one with stains. You're braver than I:)
Post a Comment