Wednesday, December 11, 2019

For the Birds - the Back




This is how my "St. Louis" bird looked
after I first framed it into a panel
for the back of For the Birds.





And this is that same bird 
with an upgraded beak.





After piecing the borders for the quilt's top,
I had a lot of leftover HSTs  . . . 

So I used them to add more borders around the existing panel.





First peek as I started to attach the backing fabric . . . 





YES!  YES!  YES!





Backing fabric (purchased back in April
from Bernie at Needle & Foot)
for Anna Maria Conservatory by Free Spirit
(number PWMF001 Courthope")

* * *

This quilt  has come together better
than I ever imagined it would 
which makes me SO happy!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
Reminder - there is a link to Lynne's Liberated Birds tutorial
in my sidebar - I highly recommend it!

18 comments:

Julierose said...

Really neat backing fabric--I like how dense it is compared to that panel...hugs, Julierose

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've loved watching this quilt come together - love the design and all the fabrics used - beautiful :)

Pamela Arbour said...

That deserves a first prize ribbon!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super fun quilt... front AND back!!!

Nancy said...

An exciting back for sure- wonderful fabric combo!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I think this is one of my favorites of your quilts. That back absolutely couldn't be more perfect for it!

Ann said...

An exciting back for this quilt. The bird, bright and white HSTs, and the other two fabrics all work well together.

LA Paylor said...

this quilt makes me happy and it doesn't even live here!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Perfect! Love the front and the back!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving the back and the front on this!

Robin said...

Amazing Julie! Is it the back or the front? You do such wonderful work.

audrey said...

Awesome backing for this quilt! You are on a roll Julie!:)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I adore the bird, the HSTs and the whole back. Just a whole exciting quilt package. I wish I could quilt it for you! It would be fun.

Magpie Sue said...

Hurray!

QuiltGranma said...

a REVERSANLE quilt! Love it!

Amandine said...

love it !

Mystic Quilter said...

Well Julie I was certain that I had left a comment on this stunning quilt of yours!! However, I'm here now and saying that this is beautiful, you worked a treat with the back of the quilt, love the fabric from the AMH Conservatory collection.

Nann said...

Yes indeed! Three cheers -- or should that be three chirps? -- for you! The backing fabric is splendid. Thanks for providing the name/manufacturer.