In between lots of other things,
some of which have involved stitching,
I've kept up with my daily challenge for Optic Strings.
This is Block One
Block Two
Block Three
Block Four
Block Five
Block Six
Block Seven
This week's blocks together on the design wall.
(click HERE if you need background
on this project - scroll down for links)
* * *
And now, for those who have asked
what I'm doing with the cut-away corners
after they're trimmed using the 4.5" Easy Angle Ruler . . .
I'm using them to make scrappy flying geese.
The background fabric has been in the stash
for a ve-r-r-r-r-ry long time but I'm glad
since it's perfect for this project.
(from an older line by Jen Kingwell - Behind the Scenes)
For now I'm calling this side-project Optic Geese.
(edited note: name later changed to Conundrum)
* * *
Kevin the Quilter is hosting a
I'm not going to make a bed-size quilt like he is
but his posts motivated me to pull out a long-stashed box
of sewn-together scrappy low volume four-patches.
So far I've cut alternate squares from this
eclectic stack of teals, aquas, and turquoises.
Another un-related at-home retreat project has been to
sew together these long-ago-made-from-strata squares
for what will eventually become a baby girl quilt.
( no recipient in mind - just one for the when-needed pile)
There were 24 extra blocks left over
so I sewed them together 4 wide x 6 long
and quilted the piece using my favorite
liberated free motion fans and pink Glide thread.
It adds summer-y color and texture when
draped over the back of my recliner.
* * *
I'll be back next Monday with
another at-home retreat recap post.
Quiltdivajulie












16 comments:
Lovely projects--you are getting a whole lot done...;))) hugs, Julierose
I have had U&U on the side table for several weeks. I leaf through it an contemplate which one I'd like to make. (For sure, I do NOT want to make the bow tie that looks like Band-Aids!) Your stacked-on-plates organizer is brilliant -- but I'm even more in awe of the fact that you have planned all the blocks way ahead of time. I don't think I'd be able to stop at one block a day, though. Maybe 100 blocks in 100 days but made in batches . . .
P.S. I LOVE the "why we blog" quote on your sidebar.
Omigosh! Have you been busy! All I managed to do was finish piecing the orange OBW. I had to think so much about every choice, it slows me down. I love all the photos you shared today!
You had an incredibly productive week! I love the flying geese that you are making with your cutoffs.
It looks like you have been having SEW much fun!! Lots of projects in the go? Never a dull moment.
I have just been sitting here staring at that last picture of the pink quilt. It is so delicate and feminine. It really speaks to me. You sure stay busy with your stitching. I need to go shell peas from the garden and then maybe I'll have some time to play. It's all good!
I just love the blocks and the pattern it makes when you put them together. Love the quilts.
You amaze me with your productivity! Everything is so orderly and looking just great. Wow!
Your at-home retreat is working well! I'm in love with the pink and green quilt - your use of the left overs from Optic Strings is a neat idea - who doesn't love Flying Geese.
Great pinks and great stripes. You are on a roll! Thanks for sharing.
Those 30s repros and solids are the makings for a happy quilt. I wouldn't be able to make just one a day.
very nice. Funny last week I was thinking of making a bunch of 4 patches but that's where it stopped. Kevin's 800 squares are daunting
Those reproduction fabric and solid string blocks are just so stinkin' cute. Love your other projects in the works or coming together as well. I'm doing pretty much zip in the sewing room lately. I've fallen into Ancestry and down other bunny trails. I did sew a seam or two today though--on a crumb block from scraps, LOL. It's something, anyway!
Lots of great projects in one post again! The stripes look amazing, and how wonderful you are able to use the leftovers to make flying geese.
What a nice bunch of quilts!
Post a Comment