Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Summer Breeze - The Flimsy



The quilt top for Summer Breeze is sewn together.

39" x 39"

Inspired by Sujata Shah's Sunset design

Now I need to consider how it will be quilted.


* * *





I'll be posting less often for the rest of July
while I invest some time in myself 
with a “build your own artist residency."
(phrase borrowed from Lynn Harris)

My weekly recap posts for Optic Strings
will continue and I'll pop in here and there
with any finishes that are ready to be shared;
but otherwise I plan to keep a low online profile
and focus instead on stitching and quilting.




Quiltdivajulie

20 comments:

Robby said...

Summer Breeze is a great name for this beauty. Enjoy your time away. We all need a little change in routine sometimes.

Paulette said...

Wow, that is beautiful! Just so lovely.

Julierose said...

What a gorgeous quilt--it looks like a cooling breeze across the ocean--and we could sure use one today!! Enjoy your time for yourself....hugs, Julierose

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It is a lovely summer respite, as the name implies. Well done, my friend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your newly completed quilt top. Enjoy your blogging break! I will miss you.

Ann said...

I really notice those bright greens on this lovely top. you will have fun deciding how to quilt it. Enjoy your break.

Angie said...

I love the look of all those blue and green triangles playing off each other! It reminds me of our recent trip to Wisconsin!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the x pattern that shows up in the values. I know you will be able to focus and create some amazing works.

EYSchmitt said...

Really like this! It reminds me of being in a deep forest and every now and then looking up and seeing bits of sky above the high leafy branches of the tall trees.

LA Paylor said...

I don't know build your own artist residency.... take the time you need to recharge you've been finishing so much this year. Hope the time brings you a satisfying sense of creativity, and refreshment. LeeAnna

Mari said...

It's a lovely quilt, Julie. Reminds me of sun on the water, but still feels cool. Enjoy your recharging time. (And congratulations on your upcoming blogaversary!)

Raewyn said...

Your flimsy is lovely - beautiful colour combinations. Enjoy your time 'building your artist residency' and concentrating on your own creativity.

Vicki W said...

I really love Summer Breeze!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great Flimsy!! It will be fun to see how you quilt it!

Carol E. said...

love it love it love it !!!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

This is super pretty. I love the colors

Kaja said...

I don't think I've seen this block before; I like it a lot. Have fun figuring out the quilting and enjoy your "residency".

audrey said...

I adore this quilt as I've told you before! The colors are just fantastic.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

Always good to take time out now and again to recharge the batteries!

Preeti said...

Oh I can feel the cooling effects of the breeze :-)