Saturday, June 1, 2019

Here and There and Back Again



This is the way my design wall looked last Saturday, 5/25.

Six blocks for Summer Breeze completed
with stacks prepared for seventeen more.




This was my view from Sunday the 26th
until late Friday the 31st.

Beige walls, beige floors, and beige furniture.

Thank goodness for my quilt from home
providing a burst of welcome color.

I'll spare you the details but it was a week
of tests and waiting for results.

By the time I was discharged late Friday
they had identified and started treatment
for a recurring UTI and C. Diff.
and I'll have an outpatient procedure 
later this month to deal with two small kidney stones.




Needless to say, this is a much more pleasing view.

Being home feels wonderful.



Quiltdivajulie

15 comments:

Mary said...

Thank goodness you have some answers and a plan of action. Get well soon.

Elaine M said...

The blues and greens are refreshing. Hope you feel better soon and stay well. I became a big fan of drinking Kefir after I got C Diff.

Carol E. said...

Ohh, take care of yourself, dear. That C Diff can be nasty. Glad your view is lots better.

Robin said...

So glad you can put some color back into your life. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope things are better soon.

Paulette said...

Oh my, that sounds like no fun at all. Take care and hope you feel a lot better soon!

Barb said...

So glad they identified the problem and that you are now at home. There truly is no place like home

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, goodness, Julie!! I hope you are beginning to feel better. Six days in the hospital is nothing to sneeze at!

Kaja said...

I'm very glad to know you are back home. Hopefully the treatment will kick in and you will be fighting fit again soon. (PS love those greens).

deebriese said...

Oh no! Feel better

Brenda said...

Glad to see you're home. I hope it all clears up fast!

Bambi Pearson said...

So sorry you are having such a difficult time. Glad you are back home now.

Alison said...

So sorry to hear that you have not been well. That C. Diff. is very nasty. My husband contracted it two years ago. I did some research and found that mushrooms contained a compound that tended to encourage C. Diff. growth. We had been eating mushrooms fairly regularly during that time. Needless to say, mushrooms don't make an appearance in our meals anymore. Hope the treatments kick in quickly and give you some relief.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been well; I'm glad you're home and have a plan for treatment now. I love-love-love your greens and blues! Your blocks just sparkle and I can't wait to see the project come together. Good luck!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Omigosh! What an experience. There is no place like home. I think hospital stays are the worst. Root canals are close and it looks like I am facing one this week. Take your vitamins, rest up, and keep petting the fabric.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy you're back home again and good luck with the current treatment and the planned kidney stone procedure! Loving the early stages of Sumer Breeze and looking forward to more blocks when you're back in quilting mode!