Thursday, April 4, 2019

Change of Pace




After so many days of purples, greens, and grays,
I needed a change of pace color-wise so I pulled out




I pieced ten more center string/strip sets
and trimmed them to 4.5" wide before
adding 1.5" red batik strips to the sides.


The red, green, blue, and orange segments
 in the project box are wider and I will be 
using those for the ends of the strip/string sets 
to prevent too-small pieces in the block corners.

(I re-discovered them when I pulled out
the box to get my red batik strips)




Eighteen blocks done.

Seventeen more to go.

(these are on the wall in the design studio -
Catharsis is still lolly-gagging on 
the design wall in my sewing studio)

Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Seven Wonders of the World -- 
to see, to hear, to touch, to taste, to feel, to laugh, and to love."

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is coming along beautifully--love that rich golden background color--hugs, Julierose

Bambi Pearson said...

Love that background color Julie. What fabric is it? The quilt is looking great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be SEW lovely, Julie!!

LA Paylor said...

that golden color is just glowing like stones... what is it? Stonehenge? I need it!!
LeeAnna

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great punch of color today! Pretty powerful blocks.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh,my-- how wonderful; all that stunning vibrancy forming a lattice over molten caramel, I LOVE this!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! Those blocks will keep you going. Fabulous!

jean f. said...

WOW! What is that background fabric that looks like you dug it out of a gold mine!??? I NEED to find some, soon! If you could include that info in a next blog post many of us would be SO appreciative!

Mari said...

Love, love, love this quilt! For some reason it reminds me of the Southwest, or maybe a serape. It's going to be spectacular.

Mystic Quilter said...

Love this Julie! Your choice of the marbled background fabric is super, shows off all the colours in the strip piecing.