![]() |
| (the tied quilt on the end of the bed was made for our older son when he was four or five -- my first attempt at quilt making) |
The quilts that are normally stored
in our bedroom on two rolling metal shelf units
have been relocated to the guest room upstairs until
the pending bathroom renovations are completed.
(we're still waiting on a third estimate)
There are six of the large totes
with the overflow quilts piled on top.
Maybe I need to do some editing
when these come back downstairs . . .
For those who wanted to see the second iteration
of DH's latest woodturning series -
this is Crop Circles.
We both like this one a lot -
so much so that it now hangs above the mantel.
(elder son may take Learning Curve
for his office at the hospital)
And for those who are curious, here's a photo
showing part of DH's studio/workshop.
(he cleans up the shavings daily if not more often,
so I had to be quick to get this photo)
This lathe was his retirement gift to himself --
it's a serious upgrade from the one he started with 15 years ago.
* * *
And yes, since I'm sharing so many
not-quilting photos, you would be correct
if you guess that I'm sick again.
This time it started with a head cold
and has shifted to my not having any voice.
And then there is the cough.
Clearly my immune system needs some TLC.
In happier news, Little Man (who is now 2-1/2)
is finding out that the playground
is even more fun than it was last year.
He mastered this kind of climbing ladder
after only a few attempts.
And he conquered the zoo's playground wall
that eluded him all last summer.
(his 1-1/2 year old legs weren't
quite long enough for this one)
![]() |
Go Little Man, Go!!
(but please don't go too fast . . . )
Quiltdivajulie (aka Mee Mah)
-----------------------------------------------
"I will let them be little, fill their hearts with laughter, help them grow wings, nurture their sense of wonder, inspire them to believe, and love them like there is no tomorrow."
Julie King







11 comments:
Again, a fabulous wood turning project. My husband's shop is full of wood scraps! Take care of that cold/virus.....immune systems are hard to come by and take forever to repair.
I love that wood creation. It's fabulous and I would hang it in my home as well. Glad to,see I am not the only one who has multiple tubs of completed tubs. Hope you get better soon. Rest, rest and rest.
Your husband's art is inspiring and thus to me the best art can be. I hope your body's immune system gets better soon but it needed a little adjustment to make all things work so a cold is not that annoying. The little one is adorable. I remember the day legs were long enough to go from stepping stone to stepping stone along a path in the playground - pure joy in my granddaughter,s eyes.
ugh! I wish you fortune in getting someone good to take on the bathroom job! I know how frustrating it can be to chase down someone to actually take the job on. So sorry you're sick again. Super cute pics of the little man. :)
Good luck with your bathroom reno - I hope it goes quickly for you without too much disruption. Your husband's wood turning work is amazing - I never knew lathe-turned projects could be flat like that.
I hope you get over the bug and feel better soon.
Julie, I hope you feel better very soon. I love your and Larry’s art!! It has been a joy to follow your work over so many years. Oh, and I can help you with your quilt storage problems! 😊
Sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hope your get better soon. Your hubby's woodwork is great!!! Nice addition to your home.
Love your husbands work. I am auto immune and after many many infections, colds, to bronchitis, etc, and having to take numerous high powered drugs to kill it, the Dr. put me on zinc and now after 5 years have rarely had a cold, if I get one it is like 2 days long, it is wonderful. Maybe you could talk to your dr. about that too. Hope you fell better soon. This was a miracle for me and I didn't have to take any more of those drugs.
Sending warm hugs and healing vibes. May you feel as good as new soon.
We both get sick every time we keep Sawyer! He is a little germ factory.
I'm sorry that you're sick again! It's that time of year. I prescribe lots of rest, tea, and sunshine. A few hugs from that adorable Little Man wouldn't hurt, either! What a cutie, sure to lift your spirits!
Post a Comment