This one was quilted before I got sick and
I've only now gotten the binding and sleeve finished.
I used four different colors of Glide thread:
Graphite for the sky,
Aloe for the borders,
a warm variegated brown for the dirt,
and Silver for the barn itself.
I'm especially pleased with the texture of the dirt and sky.
I used organic (wavy) lines for the barn siding.
I added only minimal details for the doors and windows.
Missouri Color Story now hangs in our foyer.
Finished size 39" x 39"
Quiltdivajulie






12 comments:
It really captures the setting you captured in your photo. Your quilting looks amazing....your skills are getting so good!!
The fact the binding is on and the quilt is hung, I hope means you are feeling better. I just love barns. I always dreamed about having a barn studio since I was a kid. Since I turned 65 yesterday, I don't think it will happen. So, I better get going and sew my own.
LOVE, love, love it. This should be an exhibit of how to make the best use of fabric in creating landscapes and such. You are the rock star of barns. Sending hugs and warm wishes so that you feel as good as new soon.
Absolutely love it!
Love this barn quilt - your capture and interpretation is lovely.
I really like the fabric you used for the barn. It tells a story all by itself.
Beautiful work as usual! Your quilting is wonderful.:)
The amount of quilting adds texture without overwhelming the design. Sweet finish.
You are recovering in style. Lovely quilting choices.
It's *so* good to see you quilting again! UTIs can be horrible and dangerous. TWo people we know have been killed by that. :( This barn mini is fabulous - you've put the perfect quilting on it.
So good to see your posts again, even though I have missed three days! Love the Barn Julie, and you seem to have the perfect colour on your wall so show the quilt beautifully.
This is one of my favourite barns ever! I love how the fabrics capture the feel of weathered wood so beautifully.
Post a Comment