Thursday, March 14, 2019

Catharsis - an Update


It took more hours than I care to admit,
but the segments in all three color groups
have been sewn together
into these monstrously long strips.

The sub-cut 14" lengths for all three colors
needed to finish the remaining blocks
total out at a whopping 5,852 inches!





Finally I am ready to sit and sew 
one block after another
without running out of strips.




Here are the current blocks on the design wall - 
one block shy of half-way.




I'm loving this SO much.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things."
Nate Berkus

15 comments:

Dorothy said...

WOW !!! Love, love it !!!

Gale Bulkley said...

Oh my! These blocks are so lovely. How big are they?

Carolyn said...

Did you have to use a backing when you cut your blocks into squares? Love your colors.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It really looks terrific! I am wondering what other colors would work, hmmm. I particularly like the way the diamonds meet at the edge of the blocks.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

OMG, I'm loving his, too! Tutorial, please? All those green bits I didn't use in my version of Kevin's "Goodnight, Darleen!" -- Now I can see a purpose for them!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those long, long strips are a sight to see! But the amazing blocks you're making out of them are just beautiful! I can definitely see why you love them.

em's scrapbag said...

It's fabulous!!!! I can see why you are loving it.

Bambi Pearson said...

Looks fantastic Julie!

Robby said...

This is already gorgeous. Excited to see it finished.

Kaja said...

Me too!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hoping to have a tutorial post ready to share next week . . .

Quiltdivajulie said...

No, I do not use a backing for these - planning to have a tutorial post to share next week. Stay tuned! (replying here as you are a no-reply blogger)

Ann said...

This is such a clever idea, Julie. It's definitely in your colors, too. Lovely.

audrey said...

This is such a YOU look! I am loving the energy of it!

Cathy said...

I like how that secondary pattern emerges. Lovely color scheme too. I love it but I think this would take me years to make because I wouldn't be able to cut or to sew that many monstrously long strips together in short order. But if I do I think a red/white/blue might be a good place for me to start.