Saturday, March 16, 2019

And Then There Were Three




There are now thirty blocks finished for
Dumpster Diving 5 (Catharsis).

Only eighteen more to go.




And there is a goodly stack of cut off corners
waiting to be turned into HSTs for 
Dumpster Diving 6 (Lagniappe).

(check out the previous 3 posts 
for more details on DD5 and DD6)

But wait . . . 
there are still more leftovers to be dealt with.




There are nearly 1,700 inches
of purple segments sewn together . . .

When I started collecting 1.5" strips for DD5 (Catharsis),
I had NO idea I would have enough to make
DD6 (Lagniappe) and DD7 (Respite).

Clearly I got a little carried away!

* * *


And because all three of these Dumpster Diving projects
contain so many GREEN scraps,
I'm linking this post with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge
where this month's color is GREEN.

If you need me, Max and I will be busy
quilting one of my small barn quilts 
in honor of National Quilting Day.
(and the looming April 1st deadline for its finish)


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Observe the wonders as they occur around you."
Rumi

10 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Gorgeous color combos! I love that newspaper print. I have some of that too. I'm saving it for something...I just don't know what. Happy Saturday!

Robby said...

I've loved that Valori Wells design since I first saw it. It will be fun to see how you make those leftovers "Copacetic".

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are just so darn inspirational and idea provoking, I can't stand it! Thanks for this on National Quilting Day!

Wendy F said...

Your blocks are wonderful! Thanks for sharing your inspiration using all your tiny bits.

Mari said...

Three quilts for the "price" of one! I would call that serendipity. Catharsis is looking good so far, and I know the others will turn out just great, too. Plus, you've given me an idea for another donation quilt!

Kaja said...

It's rubbing off on me - I've started collecting/cutting strips too.

Jo said...

Love your colors and can't wait to see tjose leftover triangles come together.

Sheila said...

WOW! I LOVE what you are doing with these 1.5" strips of fabric! You are truly a fabric artist! Thank you for sharing your thought process with pictures and text. I have lots of this size strips. I want to try a block or two.

Cathy said...

I always admire your energy and creativity! And, it almost goes without saying, your scraps. Beautiful projects!!!!

Kyle said...

Both your colors and ideas are brillant.