Monday, February 18, 2019

Retired Too - The Quilt



Retired Too is my second finish for 2019.

(indoor photos only since it is wet and cold outdoors)

Design inspired by a block shared in mid-2017 
just as I was finishing up the top and back 




Quilted using lots and lots of unmarked 
multi-directional liberated free motion Baptist fans.

Glide thread in
Lavender (top) and Teaberry (bottom).

36" wide backing fabrics were purchased 
specifically for this particular project.

47" wide by 56" long

(both photos should enlarge if double clicked
if you want to see more detail)

* * *

I have just one more quilt to finish
before I can pack the final three tote tubs.

Missouri Color Story is next in line . . .


Quiltdivajulie

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Love this ...especially the colors! But the quilting is so wonderful and soft. I have hunted thru the posts but can't find more details on how you do liberated FM Baptist Fans. Can you share tips/hints/how you work it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on another fabulous finish, Julie! You and Max are QUITE the team.

Barb said...

great quilt - love the movement made by these 2 blocks! wow
also love those fans :)

Paulette said...

I love this quilt! The waviness that's created with the different string blocks is very cool, and the baptist fans quilting compliments it all so well.

Mari said...

Looks very cozy! Congratulations on another happy finish, and have fun with that last one!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a lovely and unique quilt- both in pattern and fabric. Congratulations on another finish!

Kyle said...

Love the motion both in the design and the quilting.

Magpie Sue said...

Love the movement in this quilt. I like it better than the one specifically made for your hubby!

em's scrapbag said...

Love the quilting on your beautiful quilt. Congrats on another finish!

Cathy said...

Wow!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love love love love it!! I love the way it draws your eye around the whole quilt, and the colors just make you want to snuggle right away. Keep this up and you might be called a quilter ( bwahh haa haa - you know I'm kidding right? ) So inspired by you!!!

audrey said...

LOVE this one! So much wonderful energy in this quilt and all in a totally low-key way. Great finish!

Louise said...

So fun to see this old friend all finished up! The liberated Baptist fans are a great choice for quilting. I call them Unitarian fans :)

Mystic Quilter said...

Another beautiful finish! I second Louise - the Baptist fan quilting was a great choice.

Kaja said...

You know I loved Retired and this is a wonderful companion. Everything comes together into an entirely satisfying whole.

Raewyn said...

I love your finish - and the quilting on it too. Good luck and have fun with your trunk shows!