Friday, September 7, 2018

London Fields - the Flimsy




I was completely surprised at how quickly
these twenty blocks went together.

Larger pieces and longer straight seams
clearly made that possible.




Sewing the blocks together went quickly, too.

So now there is a finished flimsy on my design wall!

I'm going to go ahead and call this one
London Fields, just like the pattern name,
since I honestly can't think of it any other way.




Here are a series of close up photos
so you can see more of the scrappy goodness.

Upper left hand corner




Upper right hand corner




Middle left section




Middle right section




Lower left corner




And the lower right corner




I need to pull out this yardage for the back,
cut it into lengths, and sew the center seam.




Then London Fields can join  (L to R)
Flummadiddle, Tea Party, and sCRUMBtious
in the ready to be sandwiched/basted/quilted pile.





Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"I get great satisfaction in creating a visual oasis to gaze at 
for a moment of peaceful escape from the turbulent world."
Evelyn Dayman

15 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Your quote today describes exactly why I have small quilts on my walls at work.....so I can gaze for a moment of peaceful escape!! Another great quote! Lots of great fabrics in this top :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, it is all scrappy goodness! It has a very calm feel for so many fabrics. I have a pile that resembles yours.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Fabulous! I love it. So soft and sweet.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

So pretty! A much softer color palette than you usually use. I love all the scrappy variety and it all works so well together.

Ann said...

Beautifully soft fabric colors. Foggy London Fields.
BTW I started hanging by tops with their backs like you since I saw your first photo. Nice way to avoid heavy creasing plus I can easily find them. Thanks.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Delicious........absolutely delicious! You KNOW I am a sucker for scrappy neutrals to begin with! SLURP!

Mari said...

That was a productive day! This looks great, just like a foggy English morning. And I love the backing fabric, too!

Kyle said...

Lovely scrappy goodness with all the players softly blending so well together.

Bambi Pearson said...

Great job as always.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

It's very pretty, a quilt that could live anywhere!

audrey said...

There's just something about this that feels/looks so good! Love how it's blending together but yet not losing the pattern.

Heidi said...

love the soft colors ! well done :-)

Nann said...

Pretty, scrappy, and soft. You had a FIELD day with this one. Lovely!

Cathy said...

Oh, I just love the mix of fabrics.

Mystic Quilter said...

A true scrappy quilt and the backing fabric you've chosen is divine!