To celebrate finishing the top and back for Tea Party,
I pulled out my long-stalled London Fields project.
I made the scrappy HSTs months ago -
in fact my original plan was to make this quilt
as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project for 2018.
That did not happen for a variety of reasons.
London Fields is a pattern by Frankie and Ray.
I used their Aunt Bet's Quilt as the starting point
for the back of Retired last year.
All of the pieces and parts were cut long ago
and sorted using my plate system,
so all I had to do was sit down and start stitching.
And did it ever feel good.
These are so very, very scrappy.
It might make some people nervous,
but I know from experience that
if you want to go scrappy,
then you need to go all-out.
The next block is laid out and waiting for me.
I've modified the pattern's layout
to create a 20-block quilt top --
enough to play with the pattern and scrappiness,
but not so much to be stuck on this for weeks on end.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------"The emotion of hoping expands out of itself, makes people wider instead of narrower; insatiable, it wants to know what makes people purposeful on the inside and what might be allied with them on the outside."
Ernst Bloch -The Principle of Hope, 1959





10 comments:
Wow, what a quote.....I'll be pondering on it all day. We were gone all weekend and I need some sit and sew time (stupid work!)
I am so glad you go all out, love the scrappy. I have no idea how this will look, but can't wait to see.
I agree go all out when it comes to scrappy. You can never have enough color or fabrics in a quilt.
Love all these blocks! I look forward to seeing them together in a quilt.
This is going to look really lovely! So nice to pick up something that's all cut out & ready to put together!
Oh nice fabrics Julie! I have this pattern and need to decide on fabric in a few weeks time. Twenty blocks sound a good number, I quite often 'lose' a row or two to avoid making the same block over and over again.
Always fun to see scrap quilts in progress. You've chosen some lovely fabrics.
London Fields right after Tea Party. I am sensing a theme here.
I am a big proponent of going all out. Nothing fabulous was ever achieved without passion. Lots of Passion and a touch of Whimsy. Right?
It does feel good to have everything cut and just be able to sit and stitch, doesn't it? The prints look lovely together and will make a pretty quilt. Hurray for a new start on an old project!
Doesn't make me nervous! I love what I see so far.
Post a Comment