Monday, September 3, 2018

September Goals

There was a bit of online stash enhancement recently . . . .

For the sake of accountability,
I'm setting out some goals for September.

Some in the studio and some not.


. . . thanks to a $15.00 off coupon and 40% off clearance fabrics sale at eQuilter.com.

I want to quilt and finish at least four quilts -
which still needs a proper name.
(suggestions are more than welcome)




I want to work on at least one 
of my long-stalled projects
and move it to flimsy status.




And late September was to be
 the beginning point for the I am enough QAL.

But I am not going to participate after all.



I am going to use the fabrics I had pulled in anticipation
to make the Quiltfolk Pattern No. 3 Source quilt
beginning late in the month
and carrying over into October.



And then in October 
(moving into November)
I want to make the 
Quiltfolk Pattern No. 3 Revival quilt,
albeit in a much scrappier color-way.

These are much more "my" kind of quilts 
plus I can make them at my own pace
instead of having to follow a 3-month QAL.




Finally, now that the weather is cooling a bit,
I also want to paint the two exterior doors
on the back of the house red 
so they match the front doors
and the one on DH's workshop.

Time will tell . . .


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Success depends on getting good at saying no without feeling guilty. You cannot get ahead with your own goals if you are always saying yes to someone else's projects."
Jack Canfield

12 comments:

Kaja said...

I hadn't ever come across Quiltfolk, but have just been off and, for once, found somewhere in the UK that stocks it. Yay!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Julie, these are good goals.
Of course I hope that you get all of these projects done.
The painting, ... it is still much to hot and humid to paint but I do love painting. Your red door is beautiful.
I just finished a baby quilt, and I am behind, however, just like you, I have many pots boiling and that is the way girls like us do it.
We are never bored. We can never say that we have nothing to do!!
Happy Monday and Labor day. Love to you

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Good luck with your September goals

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Are those quilts in the Louisiana edition of Quiltfolk?? Or are they in an earlier one? Love the pile of fabrics, perfectly suited!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Julie, is Quiltfolk worth it for $75.00? I like what you showed, but that is a big gulp. I love all the fabric you have pulled. Want to come and pull some for me? I am glad you nixed the one project and are going with what is really you and what you love.

Mari said...

Oh, nice stash enhancement! Looks like some fun projects coming soon. The red door is great, too!

Ann said...

Good goals that match your quote at the end. Sounds like you have a fun fall lineup. I've never heard of either the QAL or Quiltfolk. Checking them out was interesting. Red doors are my favorites.

patty a. said...

Best of luck on reaching your goals!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Goals are a good thing; they help to keep us accountable. Wishing you much luck with yours, I know that you stay focused with your eyes on the prize!

audrey said...

I have wanted to try the QuiltFolk subscription, it sounds so inspirational. Still questioning the price tho.:) Sounds like you're gearing up for another finish-it-up push! Best of luck!

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice collection for the stash. I have the Quiltfolk magazine but won't be renewing because the exchange rate really pushes the cost up. You have me thinking now about the smaller monthly amount for the patterns!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice fabric grab .. ..