Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Two Future Baby Quilts Finished




After making two versions ( Part 1 and Part 2
of last year's Davies Manor Mystery Quilt
plus a tablerunner,
I still had pieces and parts leftover.

So I made a crib quilt to become
a sometime-in-the-future gift.





The Grape Pansy Caper Part III 
was quilted by my friend Chris Ballard.

(she was testing out a new design 
and we would both rather practice
on a real quilt v. a muslin sandwich)




Much better than having those leftovers
languish in the scrap bins!





I had also pieced this top 
as another sometime-in-the-future gift.





Chris practiced another new-to-her design on this one.





The backing describes "The Perfect Treehouse"
with diagrams, text, and directions.

Again, I'm glad these leftovers were turned into
something wonderful and useful.

* * *

I have no idea when or to whom 
these two quilts will be gifted,
but they are finished and that makes me happy.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Plans are great and so is diverging from them."
Alice Dustin

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Finishes is always good, like money in the bank. You continually amaze me with how much you get done and how well.

Nancy said...

Bright and happy quilts. And a good feeling from using bits and pieces plus finishing! Nicely done.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

So nice to know that when the time comes that they're needed, you'll have them ready to go. And someone will love them.

Janie said...

Congratulations!
The colors are energizing, they'll make some little one happy.

em's scrapbag said...

Two wonderful quilts from scraps. They are always my favorite kind.

audrey said...

Lovely to have these two finished up and ready to gift!:)

Mary Marcotte said...

I try to keep a couple ready for new little ones, too. These are fun and adorable. I love that you've used scraps.

Mystic Quilter said...

What size are these two fun quilts?