Friday, November 3, 2017

Grape Pansy Caper - The Table Runner



The last time I blogged about this runner,
it was hanging over our balcony
waiting to be quilted.




Now it is quilted, bound,
and in its new home at my sister's house.




I used two of Lori Kennedy's quilting motifs:

Messy spirals/Spiral roses in the purple squares
(Glide thread - Raven)
and
echoed leaves in the green squares.
(Glide thread - Turf)




Here is the finished 12" x 60" runner.




I used a soft gray thread 
to quilt the black and white areas
with a back and forth liberated grid.




My sister loves the runner
and I'm happy to have used 
the final five leftover blocks
from The Grape Pansy Caper
(my project name for this year's
Davies Manor Mystery Quilt)
to make something useful.

Tomorrow I'll share the first of two
Grape Pansy Caper quilts.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"You cannot eat a cluster of grapes at once, 
but it is very easy if you eat them one by one."
Jacques Roumain



6 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

That turned out beautiful. Congratulations on the finish and inspiration.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such a vibrant piece and you are your usual very productive self!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ha, ha- liberated grid. I am using that terminology next time. Beautiful piece.

Ann said...

Nice combination of quilting designs. She loves it, I'm sure.

Janie said...

Nice grape vine effect. Your work is beautiful as always.
Congratulations.

Louise said...

Love these colors together! Gotta try some "messy spirals," that sounds right up my alley :)