Tuesday, July 31, 2018

July Re-Cap



I designed, pieced, and quilted one quilt this month.

The posts for Epicenter are HERE and HERE.

This one counts as a finish on my 18 in 2018 Piecing list.




I also traveled to St. Louis
where I shared a 40-quilt trunk show
with the Thimble and Thread Quilt Guild
and then taught an all-day class 
featuring Lynne's Liberated Birds.

Those posts are HERE and HERE.




The rest of the month was all about SQUIRRELS

including





* * *

We shall see what happens in August!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"It is a wonderful thing to 'get lost' in a pond, a wooded place, a field, or in a work of art, and come away renewed, energized, thoughtful, confused, enlightened, angry or amused."
Bunny Harvey









6 comments:

Let's Get Sewing said...

Your quilt is lovely!

Barb said...

great quilt and like how you quilted it!

Barb said...

You are one busy gal, wonderful quilt

Mary Ellen said...

We so enjoyed having you here in St. Louis! My a/c went out just before your visit here and I lost my sewing mojo for awhile. After watching a couple of quilting videos, I got back in the groove. After I clear Organized Chaos from the design wall, I will be liberating more birds.

Mary Ellen said...

Oh, and I love your rail fence quilt.

dq said...

Yay, a trunk show and cute cute birdie blocks! I am loving all the bird blocks I see roaming around blogland!

I love doing trunk shows. I was embarrassed at my last one though. I gathered up quilts from family members that I had helped make in round robins as well as finished quilts and tops I had made and showed them at a local guild of which I have not been a part of for years I was embarrassed because they filled the whole room. There were 80 of them and it took Mom and I two cars to get them all there.

I did enjoy sharing my quilt stories though. I think my quilt friends enjoyed them as well.