Monday, August 20, 2018

Re-Entry


Okay, so it is NOT snowing outside . . . 
but the sentiment is all too true.

It has been a good blogging break.

The project boxes have been
sufficiently shuffled and edited.

The studios are reasonably tidy.

Today is the second week
of my pair of LQS freeform rail fence classes.
(7 in the day group and 7 in the evening group)

showing three alternate layout sample quilts
made from my week one class step out blocks.

as part of the current "Maps and Mapping" challenge.
(I chose to map my own fourteen-year quilting journey
instead of designing/making a new quilt . . . )

AND 

I've successfully (I hope) navigated the myriad steps involved 
in the changes that come with my milestone birthday next month,
namely signing up for Medicare and supplemental insurances.
(EGADS what a lot of time and paperwork!)

* * *

I have quilts to piece and quilts to quilt 
which means things are on the right track.

Now if I can just shake off the last of the cold
that took me down last week . . . 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"People who look down on other people 
don't end up being looked up to."
Robert Half

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Blogger finally fixed the glitch and I can comment again on dozens of blogs that didn't recognize my blogger account.

The government never makes it fast and easy to sign up for anything!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Julie, thanks for the inspirational cartoon. Need to hear it. Sounds like your work is progressing well. Bah to the paperwork.

Shelina said...

Glad your paperwork is behind you and you can take the time to enjoy the quilts to piece and the quilts to quilt!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Thanks for the Calvin & Hobbes reminder! Sounds like you've had a very satisfying week. Congrats on the successful paperwork efforts; my husband is in the middle of the same and it's so confusing. Enjoy your next projects and feel better soon.

Kyle said...

Calvin and Hobbes always have a good perspective on life.

Ann said...

That's a lot to have accomplished. Good for you.
Love Calvin and Hobbes.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You got a lot accomplished!! Yay you!! and your cultural fusion post was cool!