It's back to school season
which means it's time for me to stop and reassess
the variety of projects in my studio.
Those of you who've followed my blog for a while
know I go through this process every year.
I've already spent several hours
sorting through potential backing yardage
and assigning them to various projects.
You can see by the collages of those backs
that I really do love all sorts of fabrics.
Some of these projects are at the idea stage
with potential fabrics pulled for consideration.
Others are cut out and ready to be sewn.
I've already decided to jettison a few
that were at the idea stage.
Their previously-pulled fabrics
are now back in the stash.
There are two others I'm on the fence about.
They're wonderful fabrics,
although far less saturated than my true loves,
and I'm questioning whether I want to
spend the time finishing them or let them go.
For now, they'll move to the bottom of the list
and if they're still lingering the next time I re-evaluate,
I'll know for certain they should be gone.
I am going to take a week or so away from the blog
while I continue stirring and sorting.
Taking a break always brings new energy and ideas
along with a renewed sense of focus.
I might even get a quilt or two quilted
(there are six ready to be done)
and maybe a few small things for family members.
I'm quite sure the Squirrel of Judgment
won't mind if I take time to clean and tidy
and prioritize the many ideas filling my head.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings."
Kakuzo Okakura in The Book of Tea








8 comments:
The squirrel of judgement...I’m dying of laughter...
Ha! Squirrel of judgement! Too funny! I am back from family vacation and need to reassess all my fabric direction. Have lots of scraps to deal with and have to make some small art quilts because my brain is exploding, but am technically challenged.
Time well spent taking a break and gathering thoughts usually pays dividends.
I love the 'squirrel art' where on earth do you find these??
Reassessment is good for the soul. Tell that to Judge Squirrel!
P.S. Making notes on fabric as to potential use is far more foresight than I am capable of.
I need to make up several backs so I'll try your idea this time. Thanks. Enjoy your break. Nuts to the squirrel.
That little squirrel better not get too close or I'll grab him and pet his soft little ears.
There are squirrels and chipmunks around here. Very entertaining but not tame.
I'd probably get bit trying to grab them.
Lovely colors and combinations.
Good idea to rearrange and rethink, yes.
Missing you and your cheerful quilts. Here's hoping you are having a fabulous break!!
Post a Comment