This is Miss Martha with one of her finished blocks.
(week 2 photo)
This is her finished quilt top --
except that during our third class she decided to
make three more blocks so her top will be rectangular.
Check out the borders she plans to add -
love the way the saturated orange and green
play with the rest of her top.
This is Miss Marie and her first untrimmed block.
(another week 2 photo)
Here is her finished 9-block top
with sashing and cornerstones.
Gorgeous!
This is a partial view of Jean's quilt top.
She accomplished all this in the first two weeks
since she had to miss our third class.
This is Geri with her quilt top.
She chose these fabrics for her husband - a deer hunter.
We all think she did a great job and that he will love it.
This is the backing she chose.
With all those compasses,
he'll never get lost in the woods.
That is Alice hiding behind her quilt top.
She made more and larger blocks
and with her sashing and corner stones
her top now measures roughly 65" x 85".
She's planning to add a narrow turquoise inner border
and an outer border featuring the focal fabric
used in the corners of her blocks.
I snagged these two photos of Margaret's blocks
from her Instagram feed.
She has 15 of her 25 blocks completed
with the remaining 10 partially sewn.
(her goal is a queen size quilt)
She's also working on her 3-strip sashing segments.
I love the story behind her corner square fabric,
the way she cut them in different sizes,
the wide variety of fabrics in her strips,
and how the Flamingo cornerstones
bring the whole top to life.
* * *
I am so impressed with the quilt tops
these ladies created in just three short weeks.
We're already planning the next class for August
that will feature Sujata's free form rail fence
from Cultural Fusion Quilts.
There's more fun and learning ahead
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Let's work hard, but take the pressure off ourselves and have some fun with the process. Otherwise, what is the point?"
Gaye Adams











8 comments:
Great work- so different and fun. They looked like they were having fun. Sometimes you just have to do it. I have been piecing backs so I can get more quilts loaded on as I usually make a back, load, quilt, etc. Piecing backs is not as fun as making those blocks!
Email notification trigger comment
They all turned out really nice.
They turned out great!! what a fun day you all had!
Wow...these are gorgeous. Love this pattern.
Every last one of these if fabulous!
You must be so thrilled with the students quilts! Interesting to see the different colour choices and ways of setting the blocks together, I'll be interested to see the rail fence quilts!
I'm loving the different color combinations I see in your class. The blocks have a 3-D look.
You are giving great instruction because the results are wonderful!
Good for you, Julie.
Post a Comment