Thursday, June 7, 2018

Focus ... Focus ...



Focus is my goal for June.

I need to get all of these circle shapes
appliqued onto the background
for The Spotted Winkel.

I know how I want to quilt it
and I have the backing ready to go.

Fingers crossed it is ready for the trip to St. Louis.




I also need to quilt Dumpster Diving 2.0
aka Good Morning Sunshine.

I'm delighted to have it pin basted 
and hanging over the balcony
ready for its turn with Max.




And Rainbow Charms is pin basted 
(shown here hanging over the balcony)
and waiting to be quilted.


Focus . . . 

Focus . . . 

One thing at a time . . . 

I CAN do this!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"If you've lost focus, just sit down and be still. 
Take the idea and rock it to and fro. 
Keep some of it and throw some away, 
and it will renew itself. 
You need do no more."
Clarissa Pinkola Estes

14 comments:

Bambi Pearson said...

All of the quilts are beautiful! Great job on all.

Bambi Pearson said...

Will you be selling the pattern for the circles quilt?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Comment notification trigger post

Linda Swanekamp said...

When you figure out the key to focus, please share. I start off focused, but get derailed on something that seems more pressing.

Pamela Arbour said...

Wow! They are all stunning. Thanks for all the eye candy!

audrey said...

So true Julie! We're rooting for you.:)

Judy in Michigan said...

When you use the swim noodles (3 of them) is that to help you pin baste? I'm trying to figure this out since once it is basted, you don't need to separate the 3 layers. Maybe I answered my own question. This would be a great video showing how you do this. Hint, hint. I'm sure you can get that quilt done before St. Louis!!

Kaja said...

Go for it - you can do it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Bambi - as I shared in a post last week, there will not be a pattern or a tutorial for the circles quilt. You are welcome to use it as inspiration for your own version - and you can click on the label for the quilt at the bottom of the posts to see all of the posts for that project so you can follow my process/thinking as it has evolved.

Shelina said...

So many beautiful quilts, so little time. You've gotten this far. I'm sure it won't be long before you get to the finish line!

Janie said...

Lots of inspiring color in your house, thanks for sharing.
And thanks for sharing your thoughts and planning on your
projects. That is an excellent quote too.

Monica said...

I love the look of those dots! There's something similar in my future, eventually. It's going to be great!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

The way you have combined the spots & dots is inspiring! And, like the others, I too am sure you will make your deadlines.

Preeti said...

Love everything about focus. It is awesome!!!