Monday, April 30, 2018

April Recap - 18 in 2018 Efforts




From the Piecing List

Snowballs became Geese for Misty

Destination was scrubbed from the list and
replaced by a Low Volume 25-Patch project

(my current AHIQ Challenge) 
grew by leaps and bounds




From the Quilting List

There were four lap quilts finished during April:






I also participated in Angela Walter's
online Free Motion Quilting Along
and learned SO SO much.




From the Comfort Quilt category

For Jack's Basket:

Gerry's Moons and Stars No. 1 and No. 2
were quilted and finished.

Scrappy Trips Coins quilt was quilted and finished.

My RSC Purple/Lavender quilt was quilted and finished.

My RSC Yellow/Gold quilt was designed, 
pieced, quilted and finished.


For A Doll Like Me: 


I quilted and finished this whole cloth quilt
which is DLM004 in my tracking system.


I also pieced, quilted, and finished a reversible quilt
using lots of RSC purple scraps now known as DLM005.

I really like the texture of the
liberated free motion Topographic Spirals.

Otherwise, lots of scraps were pulled and sorted
for more 20" x 24" quilts using RSC color prompts.
(pinks, yellows, reds, oranges, greens, etc.)

And I cut squares from four different solids
(two greens and two yellows)
for a future four-patch DLM quilt.
(shown in the collage above as pinned-together pairs)

* * *



And in response to a special request from younger son,
I quilted this reversible 37" x 21" dresser runner.

Once again, the topographic spiral design worked beautifully.
(easier to see if you supersize the photo)

* * *

You can see more April accomplishments
by others participating in 18 in 2018
by clicking HERE. 


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Nothing gives quite the satisfaction that doing things brings." Sherwood Anderson

8 comments:

Pamela Arbour said...

Ooh. Lots of eye candy! Great job.

Preeti said...

1. Very impressive.
2. Could you please slow down (just a tad)? I am breathless, trying to keep up with all the reading (and the drooling).

Louise said...

Go, Julie, go! You're on a roll! I'm studying the table runner for your son to try to get the topographic spiral into my brain...

Mystic Quilter said...

Wow Julie!!! Your April recap is a stunner, such beautiful photos of your quilts and wip's and lots of and lots of colour!!

Kyle said...

April was definitely colorful! Lots of fabulous finishes.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Amazing progress! It's lovely to see them all grouped together like this.

Jennifer said...

you're coming along nicely in all those projects! looks great! AND: in other news- I finally got those purple squares mailed out. took a bit, cause it's pretty busy around here, but I 'm looking forward to getting lots of squares in the mail... we'll see how it goes- these things never seem to work out the way they're supposed to, but we'll see!

Nancy said...

Wonderful work! You are so organized and I admire your way of record keeping- lest we forget a month's worth of work, putting it all together like this is such a good idea.