It's a wallhanging!
23" wide x 36" long
Created with pieces and parts leftover
after making Rise and Roost
(reveal post next week)
during Sophie's 2016 Old MacDonald
Mystery Sampler QAL.
The year-long QAL featured
blocks from Block Lotto and
color prompts from RSC 2016.
I'm especially pleased with my
unmarked free motion quilting -
I tried a watery meander for the sky
and vertical curves for the sandy ground.
I even added loops in the wings
and antennae for the butterflies.
The oversize leaves were ditch quilted
before adding three echoed leaf shapes inside.
I am SO glad I chose not to use this
in the backing for Rise and Roost!
Hanging this in the kitchen during the summer
will make me much happier.
And this finish counts as one of my
18 in 2018 QUILTING goals.
* * *
Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge
where the new color for March is GREEN.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Nothing gives quite the satisfaction that doing things brings."
Sherwood Anderson



13 comments:
The quilting is just the icing on a happy and charming quilt. Love how it all come together.
It is beautiful, and ready for summer!! You did a great job. Love also the quilting. Congrats!!
That piece turned out so great and it can't help but make everyone smile when they see it. I love that particular stripe used as the binding.
It's wonderful! I can't imagine hiding something so lovely on the back of another quilt and it will truly make any space brighter, particularly here at the end of winter when we're all craving warm and sunshine.
That is so much fun! Perfect to hang in your kitchen!
Congrats to the finish ! Beautiful quilting
A truly sunny finish!
Very cute! I hope you come back later to show us what it looks like hanging in your kitchen.
This will be the perfect addition to your kitchen in summer!!
Every time I look at this I break out in a big grin! The quilting is purely perfect!
So pretty. Love the quilting you did on it. Great job!
Delightful! A burst of sunshine is just what we need! Your quilting is perfect.
I love the butterfly quilting especially! It really brings the triangles to fluttery life :)
Post a Comment