Some of you may remember
my Peach Cylinders flimsy.
It has been hanging in the Waiting Closet for a while now
because I just wasn't thrilled with it.
This week's FMQ Challenge is the leafy meander
so I went looking in the Waiting Closet for a project to quilt.
I pulled out Peach Cylinders and made up my mind
to cut off those borders and choose a new backing.
But at 42" square, I was still not in love.
SO . . .
I cut it down and made
two small donation quilt tops.
One will go to Jack's Basket
and the other to A Doll Like Me.
I do need to practice the new meander -
it isn't hard but it isn't easy either.
Then I curated the fabrics for the first portion
of my AHIQ Winkel project.
Folded yardage will have wedges cut from them
and the six groups of scrappy pieces
will turn into six scrappy wedges.
But in order to proceed with the AHIQ project,
I needed the Groundhog Day blocks off the design wall.
One afternoon later,
there were ten rows
with even rows in one pile
and odd rows in the other -
each marked with a numbered pin
in the left hand block.
As those rows were being sewn together,
I used the scrappy AHIQ wedge pieces as leader-enders.
By the time the rows were sewn,
the first sets of pairs were sewn
and are now pressed, ready for round 2.
I'll continue with these as I sew
the Groundhog Day rows together.
AND we have two visits with Little Man
picking up from school/dinner/bedtime this week.
SO much fun!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Paul Klee seems to handle colors and dreams as if they both came out of a box of children's toys. He plays and dreams with whatever he finds."
Jean Helion






9 comments:
I envy your ability to take a finished top, cut, cut, cut and come up with something new. Angela W. makes machine quilting negative space so easy.
You are living a life of color! The last pic is adorable. It could illustrate a story, be a poster. It is evocative of love and safety.
LeeAnna
Love that you started AHIQ quilt while finishing up Groundhog day. How clever.
Those leader/enders, will you sew them together in rows or wedges? Our QOV group has lots of those size scraps but no idea about to do with them. Please inspire us!! Thanks.
Peach Cylinders will make two sweet little quilts, better than something you're not in love with hanging around! Mouth watering fabrics Julie for the AHIQ project and a heart-warming picture of Grandpa and Little Man - happy days!!
Your life is full and blessed, thank you for sharing the joy and love that emanates from you through your vivid and colorful quilts!
Good quote again. That spirit of play opens the door doesn't it?
And little children who play all the time are so creative in everything they do.
And there's your little one ready to share his insights into play.
We are blessed.
I love that photo of Little Man and grandpa...
What a lovely moment you have captured here.
Post a Comment