During the month of March,
I quilted and finished five
of my long-waiting-to-be-quilted tops.
Shown above - left to right:
I also custom quilted and finished
Rise and Roost (on the right)
and
Sunflower Summer (on the left).
Two others have been pin-basted
so they are ready to quilt in the coming weeks:
another of the waiting-to-be-quilted tops,
was taken apart and will be re-imagined
into a completely different quilt top.
(I just couldn't quilt it the way it was)
* * *
I also took the time to create three blog pages
for my 18 in 2018 efforts.
One is devoted to quilting projects,
one is devoted to piecing projects,
and one is devoted to comfort quilts.
It may not matter to others,
but this helps keep my head from exploding
as I track my forward progress.
On the Comfort Quilt front:
One of the waiting-to-be-quilted tops
was cut apart and refashioned into two comfort quilts.
Peach Cylinders became
for Jack's Basket and A Doll Like Me.
(permanent links in the sidebar)
I also pieced, quilted, and finished two of my
RSC-color-prompted sets of comfort quilts
for Jack's Basket and A Doll Like Me.
L to R:
March was light, bright, and yellow-greens.
January was light and medium blues
(Click here for reveal post's link)
* * *
From the Piecing List:
Groundhog Day moved forward to the point
that the rows are ready to be stitched together
AND
The Spotted Winkel project moved forward
with wedges cut for the large 39" circle
that will anchor my AHIQ quilt top
and new background fabrics purchased.
There was also a LOT of serious thinking
and significant shuffling about
of waiting projects, pieces, and parts
as I continue to streamline and clarify
what I really want to be working on.
* * *
All in all, March was a very good month in the studio.
CLICK HERE to see what the others
have accomplished this month.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Every grain of experience is food for the greedy growing soul of the artist."
Anthony Burgess




8 comments:
Great working getting all those well quilted.....
I only found you a few days ago, but I’m so happy I did. I enjoyed this post very much. I also blog, only once a month, as a way to record what I’ve done over each month. I like the idea of using pages to keep track of different areas of interest and activity. I think I’ll be adding a few to mine as well. So, I just want to say Thank You for an interesting post and inspiring me to continue.
Yikes, your progress boggles me. I sewed too infrequently delayed by who knows what and my long arm has been idle since my heart attack, Feb. 7th. I dream of working on my quilts, but it is like swimming in concrete to make progress. Beautiful, beautiful work.
You have had a great month of accomplishments. It is good to get a lot done in weather that doesn't permit a lot of other activities. It must feel good to have all of those quilt tops out of the closet and done.
Such a productive month!! Nice work.
Great work, Julie! I'm not surprised you need blog pages to keep track of all this.
Great progress, I'm insipred to get busy with a couple of my own 'long waiting to be quilted' tops!
Wow! I mean: WOW!! You got so much done in March~!! I absolutely love the organizing and motivating power of quilt blogging. Looks like you've put yours to great use.
Post a Comment